X  |  CLOSE

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: aniceperson — Illinois
  • XSPORT FITNESS AURORA, Illinois USA

XSPORT FITNESS WAS UPSOLD POWERPASS AND NOW DENIED ABILITY TO GO TO CERTAIN GYMS DUE TO "DEMOGRAPHICS"...WAS NEVER TOLD THIS FROM THE BEGINNING AURORA Illinois

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

I sent this letter to XSPORT yesterday and the Better Business Bureau.

I am extremely disappointed in the treatment of your long time customers.

I have been a member of Xsport for years.  When I joined I was upselled a “powerpass”.  I was told that a “powerpass” would allow me to go to ALL of the Xsports.

However, that was a lie.  Recently I tried to go the Xsport located in Lakeview at 3240 N. Ashland Ave, Chicago, IL 60657.  I was told that I could not go to the club because it was excluded from the “powerpass” options.  I was not told this when I joined.  So I was very upset and felt duped.  Today I tried to go to the Xsport in Skokie, IL located at 3450 West Touhy Avenue, Skokie, IL 60076 and again I was told that I could not work out there because the club was excluded from the “powerpass” options.

I called the Xsport corporate office today and expressed by confusion as to why I was sold a “powerpass” that was supposed to give me access to all of the clubs when certain clubs were excluded.  I was told that the clubs excluded were due to “demographics”.  Skokie and Lakeview are both affluent white neighborhoods, so basically the “powerpass” sold to me under false pretenses, excludes me from going to the clubs in white affluent neighborhoods.   There are no special amenities at the clubs that would warrant “making them special clubs”.  The ONLY difference is “Demographics”.  This is nothing but hidden racism.

As a long time member I must reiterate how disappointed I am in your business and I will no longer do business with you.

Please cancel my membership effective immediately.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/04/2013 12:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/xsport-fitness/aurora-illinois/xsport-fitness-was-upsold-powerpass-and-now-denied-ability-to-go-to-certain-gyms-due-to-1089518. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair