Complaint Review: Yang Lei - Pizzaro Larry? - Anna Albritton - Columbus Mississippi
- Yang Lei - Pizzaro Larry? - Anna Albritton 1508 3rd Avenue North Columbus, Mississippi U.S.A.
- Category: Internet Fraud
Yang Lei - Pizzaro Larry? - Anna Albritton Sends fraudelent bogus checks and wants the 'overpayment' sent back to Columbus Mississippi
*Author of original report: Link to similar report
Scammer's email: "Yang Lei" used two different emails. The one to initially respond to the add was firstname.lastname@example.org, after that the scammer used email@example.com. I guess he cared a little at first and then didn't care any more :) ha ha ha
1. Scammer sent an email response to a craigslist add inquiring about an item for sale (in my case a bed).
"Hello, Saw your item is it available get back to me with the actual price and probably with the recent pics.?"
2. I responded with a price and photograph. Scammer responded with an email agreeing to purchase the item.
"Thanks delete the posting and considered it sold...
I will be paying via cashier check to cover the cost,
provide details of whom & where to mail the payment
it will delivered tomorrow.
* Payee name to be written on the cashier check from the bank......
* Home/office address...........
* Current cell phone/ office phone number......
await your response......... "
3. I responded that he should bring the check when he comes to pick up the bed and gave him my name, cell phone number, and the address where he could pick up the bed and asked if he could come the next day. Scammer responded with a story about his secretary & over payment with a cashier's check.
Subject: "Payment base on trust."
"Dear XX(my name)XX
Payment has been sent to the information given to me, as soon as you receive it, kindly get back to me so i can have my mover to contact you for pickup.
According to my secetary i was told she send you a check of 2500$ which was a mistake of hers and i made it clear to her to just send you 175$ it was totaly a mistake of issuuing you this check once you receive the check please cash it at once and deduct the money for your goods plus $50 which is a gift from me,the rest will be use in off setting the cost of my shipment which my mover as undertaken for me recently.He will be needing a part of that to come over to your place for the pick up.Please let me know as soon as possible if i can trust you to have the excess funds sent to my mover.May God be with you....
4. I responded by asking for the names and phone numbers for his secretary and moving company. And informing the scammer that the check would take a while to reach me because I was having mail forwarded from that address (just the location of the bed and not my current living place). I also asked if 2500 was a typo and if he really meant 250. I expressed annoyance that I needed to be moved out of the house by the end of the month and that his check would probably take longer to arrive. But also said that I was a trustworthy person and I could pass along the rest to his mover. He responded by checking my address.
"Thanks for your trust...i hope the address you send to me you will be able to receive the check with the information maybe you should resend it to me to confirm its correct. Blessed"
5. I responded by repeating the address I gave before and saying that it should work, but just take a few extra days to arrive because I was having mail forwarded. I said I would let him know as soon as I received anything. I received no check and no word until 12 days later (today). When I received an email telling about a UPS shipment and asking for a Western Union money transfer.
Subject: "Await the western union money transfer today"
"Dear XX(my name)XX,
How was your day?Thank you for your trustworthiness and patience in this transaction,The check will be delivered to you today by UPS.com you can have it track to know the actual time to sign for this, here is the tracking number(J217 513 847 9) ...As soon as you got the payment kindly please follow this instruction, proceed and deduct your certain amount with the extra $50 and send the remainder money (2275$) in cash to the coordinator in charge of pick up Via Western union money transfer near you today for them to proceed with the pick up immediately,And don't forget tell me the best time for pick up.Below is the information you will need to send the money.
Name: Anna albritton
Address: 1508 3rd avenue north columbus ms 39702
And after sending will be needing the following Information's so that the coordinator could get the money Pick up from the Outlet nearby.
1. The name and address of the sender,
2. The amount sent. (After deducting the transfer Charges).
3. MTCN #( 10 digit numbers given on the Western union receipt ). Deduct the transfer charges from the amount you want to send, As soon as the coordinator confirm the transfer they will immediately instruct on a local pick up agent around you to come and meet with you at the pick up address for pick up, I thank you for your understanding and patience , I will be waiting for the Via Western union Transfer today.
Regards and God Bless yourds and God Bless you"
6. I checked the tracking number with UPS online, and it appears to be valid. It says there is a package 'in transit' with next day air service, whose progress begins in Louisville, KY with a departure scan at 5:02am. I am anxiously awaiting my souvenir fake cashier's check... seeing as I sold my bed to someone else... a real person, who paid cash, and was able to pick up the bed before the end of the month. I will try to remember to update this with any new information I have. I hope this helps foil this scam for some other folks.
Narragansett, Rhode Island
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/08/2008 01:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/yang-lei-pizzaro-larry-anna-albritton/columbus-mississippi-39702/yang-lei-pizzaro-larry-anna-albritton-sends-fraudelent-bogus-checks-and-wants-the-ov-389223. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.