X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Young America - Nokia - Young America Minnesota

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Floral Park New York
  • Young America - Nokia 717 Faxon Road Young America, Minnesota U.S.A.

Young America Nokia trademarketing at&t ripoff slow slime-ball screwed others too ripped off and scammed ripoff swindlers slime-ball Young America Minnesota

*Consumer Comment: Young America/T-Mobile Knuckleheads

*Consumer Comment: Young America screwed me too

Four months still trying to get my rebate.
Sent them all info they requested in jan 03.

On April 2,03 i got a letter from them telling me they could not process as received.i must buy a valid nokia mobile phone,which i already had.

They sent all my rebate forms back to me.
I called them spoke to aperson with the name of Lee in custeomer care,said to me he did not know why they sent my request back.

He offered to take the information down and ishould get my rebate in 4/6wks,i thanked him and waited to get my check.

Today 4/30/03 i called to see if any progress had been made i was told they had no record ,i was to resubmit all the papers again, i spoke to the retailer who now called on my behalf,and spoke w/a supervisor,she told us to fax her the forms and i would hear from them in 4/6 wks.So i remain,it stinks.

Joseph
Floral Park, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/30/2003 04:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/young-america-nokia/young-america-minnesota-55397-9481/young-america-nokia-trademarketing-att-ripoff-slow-slime-ball-screwed-others-too-ripped-o-55161. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Young America/T-Mobile Knuckleheads

AUTHOR: Vincent - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Saturday, October 18, 2003
I feel your pain. I've been trying to get my "free" cameras for nearly 11 months. I've contacted Young America for the last 6 months, each time talking to one of their crackpot supervisors. Same response: 4-6 weeks. I spoke to the lead supervisor today and he wasn't much help (I got the 4-6 weeks standard response too). I reiterated that my anger is borne out of frustration getting the run around and misguided information (supervisor NAOMI last week asked me to check the box my phones came in for the phones...OH, so you mean to say it might be IN the BOX??? She must have been smoking some good sh*t.).

I will continue to be relentless in my pursuit of cameras just out of principle. I'll contact the better business bureau and media to encourage them to check out this great web site and see the concerns many have about Young America and more importantly, the cell phone company conglamorates.

I feel for the poor bastards that work for YA; however, the supervisors need to step outside of their supervisor box and do their best to help grieving customers. All it takes is one customer service person to break the cycle of deceipt and/or misinformation and to genuinely extend a helping hand. Jesus H. Christ people, put the frigging phone down, go the warehouse, grab a couple of cameras, put them in a box, stamp it and mail it. That gesture would go so far.

Young America screwed me too

AUTHOR: Lesley - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Wednesday, April 30, 2003
Young America screwed me too, through Verizon. I purchased a phone upgrade, with a so called $100 rebate, which to this day I've never seen. I was instructed by Verizon & info in the box from YA to send my old phone back using the return label provided.

Did that, was told I sent to wrong address, had to send to a PO box, FedEx doesn't deliver there, need to wait 8-12 weeks more. I actually called them two weeks ago, and they had the nerve to tell me I needed to resend another phone to get my rebate, don't have anymore, you have them. Told me to buy a cheap one then send it in, will I get the money back for that + shipping? NO!!! It was ridiculous!!!

I ended calling Verizon and letting them have it, and they credited my account $50, have of the rebate.

I hate them both, and I'm cancelling as soon as my contract is up. I'm not paying them a dime than what I know.
Thanks.