Complaint Review: 1 and only locksmith

• Submitted: Tue, April 23, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, April 23, 2013

• Reported By: ms8400 — Dallas Texas
1 and only locksmith

1 and only locksmith 1 & only locksmith SCAM, PRICE-GOUGING, UNAUTHORIZED CREDIT CARD CHARGES, NO REFUND Internet

Locked myself out of my home. Searched locksmiths on Google and saw www.247dallaslocksmith.com. Was given 1800 number, which was basically just a dispatch number.

1 & Only Locksmith to come unlock residential home. Agreed to $15 service call and $189 lock out fee (F$%^& outrageous!!!! PRICE GOUGING AT IT'S FINEST.)  At this point, I felt I had no choice, total was $204 and I initialed next to charges.

Dude was a $hitty locksmith. Only tried to open the door for about 30 seconds. Tried another tool for about 30 seconds. Then went back to his car to grab his drill and DESTROYED my lock.

Was asked to give credit card for charges. He called them in over the phone. As he was charging my card, he said the total was $448.15. WAIT...WHAT?!!!

I told him I did NOT agree to all of those charges only the original $204.

He then showed me the receipt with new charges that I DID NOT AGREE TO OR INITIAL NEXT TO prior to him charging my credit card, $45 for labor and $165 for a new lock.

I told him I did not want the new lock and to refund me the $165, I would go purchase one myself. He said the $165 would not be refunded right away that they would have to wait a few days to refund the charges. Charges have still not been reversed.

Tried to call a manager, was told they would get back to me within 24 hours. I was not going to wait for someone to call. I called every 30 minutes.

When I finally spoke to a Manager, I was talked/yelled over and hung up on more than three times by the same person. Will be calling back daily until I receive a refund.

Also note: After using this company I did a google search and realized that they are posted on several different "rip-off" and "scam alert" web-sites.

Filed a BBB complaint.

Called my CC company to dispute all charges.

PLEASE BE AWARE THESE ARE SCAM ARTISTS!!! They have complaints all over the internet. Hope someone reads this and saves themselves all the trouble I've been through.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/23/2013 07:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/1-and-only-locksmith/internet/1-and-only-locksmith-1-only-locksmith-SCAM-PRICE-GOUGING-UNAUTHORIZED-CREDIT-CARD-CHAR-1045692. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 1 and only locksmith