Complaint Review: 24/7 Techies

• Updated: Mon, September 16, 2013

• Reported By: Anon in AK — Eagle River Alaska
24/7 Techies
6955 N Durango Dr Las Vegas, Nevada USA

24/7 Techies 247 Techies LLC Highly Frustrating Experience - Waste of Money and Time Las Vegas Nevada

*Author of original report: 24/7 At Least Responded Re: Refund

I first contacted 24/7 Techies upon doing internet research for help with a home network printing issue.  I must say whoever created their website did an Outstanding job - but that is the last and only way that term can be used to describe my experience with this company.

I was assured during the free consult that my problem was "fixable" and I had confidence that they could accomplish it.  So I signed up for one year's service ($269.90 for two computers) and arranged payment via my credit card.  They told me that a credit card charge was OK but that I would also have to  sign in with Paypal, which I did, as they were the liason with the credit card company.

Imagine my surprise and dismay when my payment showed up as a debit to my checking account - 24/7 used my Paypal account to withdraw funds directly from my checking account instead of charging my credit card!

Worse, I only discovered the payment situation after I had the worst customer service experience in my life. During a grueling 8+ hour period, while I was basically chained to my computers, I was "passed around" to at least 3 techies while they remotely "worked" on both computers.  I watched as they performed the same steps over and over, to no avail.  Communication was sparse and several times, after my computers sat for long periods of time with no activity, I tried calling back to get a status - only to get a recorded message and no option to talk to a live person.

The clincher for me was about 7 hours into the session when the first techie working the problem ("Roger") abruptly left and "Mark" picked me up - with no explanation letting me know what was happening.  Mark began performing the same steps that Roger had just spent hours doing - repeatedly.  When I would ask for an update or idea when the problem would be fixed (it was getting close to bedtime by this time!), I was put off with vague answers or silence.

At about 8 hours into the process, I told Mark that if this problem could not be resolved that night, I wanted my computers "back" and that I was not sure I wanted to pursue further help.  As we were getting close to 9 hours in, he admitted that this problem would "take some time" and asked if I wanted to continue.

That was the moment I knew that no amount of time could win back my confidence in them.  Their website loudly states "An Outstanding Experience or Your Money Back".  I knew that if there was no sign of "outstanding" in almost 9 hours, there never would be.

Getting my money back was another frustraing challenge, but I was finally able to make some headway by filing a complaint with Paypal, since 24/7 accessed my checking account without permission. Paypal did get back to me within the timeframe they stated, and I have been told I will be receiving a full refund.

Warning - Warning- Warning:  stay away from 24/7 Techies at all costs!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/16/2013 05:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/247-Techies/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89149/247-Techies-247-Techies-LLC-Highly-Frustrating-Experience-Waste-of-Money-and-Time-Las-1085038. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 24/7 Techies

24/7 At Least Responded Re: Refund

AUTHOR: Anon in AK - ()

24/7 Techies has risen slightly in my estimation as they at least contacted me regarding my refund request (unlike the experience of others I have read) - noting that they didn't have the money to refund me as PayPal had already reversed the charge.  They were cordial and professional in their correspondence.  That said, I still wouldn't hire them for remote support!!