Complaint Review: 25karats

• Reported By: melissagerman — Finksburg Maryland United States of America
25karats
31 West 47th Street, Suite 607, new york, ny Internet United States of America

25karats Terrible Craftsmanship Internet

*UPDATE Employee: we stand 100% behind each product we manufacture!

I had 25karats create a custom setting for a stone I previously had. I was happy with the communication they provided however their craftsmanship of their products is terrible.
After a few weeks of correspondence and creating my piece I received my ring. The very first night I had the ring, before I even took it to have the center stone placed, I had 3 stones fall out! Within not even 6 hours!
I contacted them and they were apologetic and were wiling fo fix it. So I had to send it back and received it again a few weeks later.
After a few months of wearing it the band of the ring completely snapped in 2 separate places on the came occasion, having another 2 stones fall out. I contacted them and they placed the blame on the jeweler I had set the center stone stating it was a bad resizing job. The band was never resized or had any work done to it at all. They also told me it would be $750 to fix! I was not giving them any more of my money. [continued below]....
..... Once I stated this they said I would have to send them the ring. At this point I had a 2 carat stone set in the center and was not comfortable shipping it in the mail and ended contact with them and had it fixed at a jeweler locally that I trusted.

Fast forward a few more weeks and the band snaps at another spot (not the original side, the opposite side). Again losing another stone. Then a month or 2 later it breaks in a 4th and separate spot.
So in total the band broke in 4 separate places and has lost a total of 5 stones (not including the 3 that fell out the night I got the ring).

Save yourself the trouble and use a local reliable jeweler you can trust. That way if something goes wrong you don't have to send your jewelry back in the mail

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/07/2013 09:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/25karats/internet/25karats-Terrible-Craftsmanship-Internet-992633. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 25karats

we stand 100% behind each product we manufacture!

AUTHOR: 25karats - (United States of America)

As 25karats.com, we tried everything we possibly could do to help our customer. We asked Ms. German to send the ring back to us immediately so we can determine and fix any problem. She repeatedly rejected our offer and stopped the communication.

What we suspect happened is that, the original ring we had sent was resized by a local jeweler and that caused the side stones to loosen up and fall within a year and further repairs may have caused the ring to break.

We would have recast and remade the ring if Ms. German have sent the ring back to us initially. Our offer still stands, if she chooses to take. Our customers satisfaction is our number one priority and we stand 100% behind each product we manufacture.