Complaint Review: 30 second smile

• Submitted: Thu, March 01, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, March 01, 2012

• Reported By: Stanley — Oil City Pennsylvania United States of America
30 second smile

30 second smile overcharge billed me for 3 toothbrushes when I ordered only one, Internet

This is a copy of letter I sent to BBB regarding this company.  Stay away from them...very hard to deal with.  very confusing marketing practices

On 11/6/11 I ordered one toothbrush from 30second smile company.  The total cost should have been 2 payments of $37.42 +s/h.  On 11/8/2011 I received a charge on my account of $134.70 from 30 second smile co, this was much more than the first payment of $37.42 that I had expected.  I called the company and they said I ordered three tooth brushes.  They told me to wait to recieve them, ship them back and they would credit me for the difference.  I told them I felt they were a dishonest co and I wanted to just end the transaction.  They would not agree to this so I disputed the charge of $134.70 with my bank and closed my debit card so they would not bill me for any more.

On 11/15/2011 my bank returned the $134.70 to my account and told me to refuse the package when I received it in the mail.  On 11/24/11 I received the package in the mail and returned it unopened to the sender.  I thought this matter was closed but the 30 second smile company attempted to charge my account for another $89.85.  Since I closed my Debit card this payment did not go through so now they have turned this over to Monterey Collections Oceanside, Ca. Resolution Sought: 30 second smile co turned my account over to collection for $89.85.  I want them to consider this transaction complete and not attempt to collect any money from me because I refused package and had it sent back to them

Date Problem Started: 11/8/2011
Date of Transaction: 11/6/2011
Amount in Dispute: $89.85
Invoice Number: 0011-502-389881
Complaint Type: Billing or Collection Issues
Product or Service: co has a call center in India and are very hard to deal with.  Very confusing product line.  hard to figure out what you are buyin

BBB of the Southland, Inc.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/01/2012 06:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/30-second-smile/internet/30-second-smile-overcharge-billed-me-for-3-toothbrushes-when-I-ordered-only-one-Internet-847350. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 30 second smile