Complaint Review: 4 Wheel Parts

• Updated: Wed, November 03, 2010

• Reported By: Brendan — Lynnwood Washington United States of America
4 Wheel Parts
18121 Alderwood Mall Parkway Seattle, Washington United States of America

4 Wheel Parts Michael Kelly Damaged my brand new 2010 Tundra during install! Seattle, Washington

*Consumer Suggestion: Never Pick Up When Business is Closed

*Author of original report: 4 Wheel parts problem solved!

On 8/12/2010 - 8/14/2010 I had my 2010 Toyota Tundra at the 4 wheel parts store for a lift kit, new rims, and new tires. I picked up my truck on Sun. 8/15/2010 The first thing we noticed was a large scratch on the passenger side back by the rear wheel. It was a deep scratch almost down to the metal.

I knew the 4 wheel Parts store was closed, so I tried to call and there was no answering machine to leave Michael Kelly a message. So I went back there the following Monday to talk to the store manager Michael Kelly. He was not helpful and immediatly asked if I had done it in a carwash. I said, no.  Mr. Kelly then said he had a friend in the auto painting business that would fix it.

So he said wait to hear from his friend. A week went by with no contact. I then called Michael Kelly again. He told me that his friend was out of town, but would be back in a few days, and to wait for his call. I waited another week with no contact. I once again chased down Michael Kelly and asked him what was going on. He told me his friend was having marital issues but would be back soon to get this fixed. After another week of no contact, I again called Michael Kelly. He then told me his friend was back and that he talked to him about the repair. Mr. Kelly then told me he didnt think that his shop was responsable for the damage, but that he would help me buff out the scratch. I told him the scratch was way to deep, and buffing it would not fix it. He told me that to paint it would be to much money.

I told him it is a brand new truck about a month old when he worked on it, I want it back to that condition, he was not willing to help. This 4 wheel parts store is not willing to stand behind their work.  I understand mistakes happen, but they need to be taken care not ignored.  Michael Kelly simply hopes I will go away and forget, but I wont.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/08/2010 10:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/4-Wheel-Parts/Seattle-Washington-98037/4-Wheel-Parts-Michael-Kelly-Damaged-my-brand-new-2010-Tundra-during-install-Seattle-Wash-648858. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 4 Wheel Parts

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Never Pick Up When Business is Closed

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

Did you pick up on Sunday because YOU chose to or did THEY set it up that way? There's no way they could have missed a scratch like that if they inspected their work thoroughly.  I suspect they thought they could shift the blame by having an off-hours pickup.

Never pick up an auto repair when the shop is closed. You rob yourself of any claims of damage you may have against the business. Also, make sure you have the vehicle inspected when you drop the vehicle off. Avoid trouble later.

Let us know when the repair work is actually completed.

4 Wheel parts problem solved!

AUTHOR: Brendan - (United States of America)

OK, I thought I would write an update.  The Regional Manager P.B. met with me the other day.  He was very helpful.  He agreed to get the truck fixed back to its original condition.  The entire meeting took maybe 30 minutes to resolve the problem.  It was painless, and I left the store more than  satisfied, I will remain a 4 Wheel Parts Loyal customer.

Thanks again