Complaint Review: ABC Bartending School

• Submitted: Thu, May 31, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, June 01, 2012

• Reported By: Anonymous — Brandon Florida USA
ABC Bartending School
5440 Mariner St. Mark 9 Building Suite 201 Tampa, Tampa, Florida United States of America

ABC Bartending School No Breasts...No Job Placement Tampa, Florida

*Consumer Comment: Since its been awhile

It has been a while since I completed bartender training at this school. Since I did not know about ripoffreport.com back then, I did not file a complaint. So I will do it now.

The training itself is adequate, and not outrageously expensive. The problem is the job placement. Their website gives the impression they will assist you with finding a job upon completion, but they did not give me even one lead

On the last day of school, I noticed the instructor whisper something to two young attractive females who were in the class, and they all went into the office. The two girls soon walked out of the office with what appeared to be a sheet of paper with some contact names.

I finished school and never was given any leads. The instructor had the audacity to tell me to buy a tuxedo shirt and bow tie and go to various places in town and apply randomly. [continued below]....
..... I was a grown man in my 30's and realized that I had been misled due to false advertising.

I refused to subject myself myself to public humiliation, and eventually realized that if you do not have breasts, you will have a very difficult time getting a bartending job in Tampa. I guess the people of Tampa are as shallow as the water in the Bay. I eventually got a job as a security officer, and one of my co-workers (Male in his 30's) had the same experience with ABC Bartending School.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/31/2012 05:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ABC-Bartending-School/Tampa-Florida-/ABC-Bartending-School-No-BreastsNo-Job-Placement-Tampa-Florida-891284. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ABC Bartending School

Since its been awhile

AUTHOR: Steven - (U.S.A.)

Hopefully things have improved for you since this happened.

Did you think about getting a job on a cruise line like NCL or maybe one of the cruises they have on the Mississippi River?

When you go out do you see mostly hotty bartenders with their breasts pushed up or alot of guy bartenders in their 30's working at the bars? What kind of tips do the hotties make compared to the guys?

ABC was able to provide some leads to the attractive bartender graduates because that is where the demand was. There are not very many opportunities for middle aged men.