Complaint Review: AOL Premium Services

• Submitted: Tue, December 01, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, December 01, 2009

• Reported By: Apples — Dunnellon Florida United States of America
AOL Premium Services

AOL Premium Services Unknown Charges on my Spirit Master Card for a monthly $4.99 charge. After much research by myself and Master Card Customer Service Rep, it was discovered charges were from AOL Premium Services. Customer Sv, Internet

*Consumer Comment: Just a thought.

Just started receiving a $4.99 charge on my Spirit Master Card (MC) bill.  The MC Customer Service Rep researched the charge and found it was from AOL Premium Services and that it is a recurring charge.  We do not or ever have subscribed to AOL.  We, along with the MC Customer Service rep called the phone number on the statement but it's only a recording, requesting you leave your name & phone number for them to contact you re your problem.  Both the MC Customer Service Rep and I left messages to contact and cancel their charges for something we did not order.  We have never heard back from them re this issue.  In the interim, MC Customer Service said it cannot stop the charges since we need to get a cancellation from AOL Premium Services???  I have paid my monthly bill, in full, after deducting the $4.99 and will continue to do so.  I will not pay this suspicious charge!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/01/2009 09:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AOL-Premium-Services/internet/AOL-Premium-Services-Unknown-Charges-on-my-Spirit-Master-Card-for-a-monthly-499-charge-531360. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AOL Premium Services

Just a thought.

AUTHOR: Susan - (USA)

AOL premium services (such as AOL Call Alert, AOLbyPhone, AOL Voicemail, and AIM Phoneline) cost $4.99 a month.

Has anything been changed on your home or cell phone?