Complaint Review: AT&T Wireless/Cingular

• Submitted: Fri, March 05, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, March 05, 2010

• Reported By: Greg Jones — Taft California United States of America
AT&T Wireless/Cingular

AT&T Wireless/Cingular Suspended my account stating my bill was past due when I just overpaid on my bill and had a credit of >$30.00. Their reason was that one of my previous payments was returned, and they failed to return Internet

I recently paid my AT&T wireless bill. I made 2 payments of $163.46. I overpaid my bill by $32, so I had $32 credit towards my next bill. A week later, my account is suspended and my phone is shut off. I checked it out on my account online, and it says that my account is past due by $98. I called AT&T and spoke to a customer service representative. She tells me that my account is suspended due to a past due balance. I explain to her that I just paid my bill and actually over paid on it and I actually have $32 credit towards my next bill. She tells me that the $32 was used and the $98 is the remaining balance. I told her again that I just paid that bill a week ago and my next bill was not due for 3 weeks. Then she tells me that 2 payments back, the payment was declined and returned to my account due to fraud. I said how is this possible when the bill was paid by a Pay As You Go account, where you have to put money on the card in order to use it. [continued below]....
..... She continues to say it was returned to my account. So I look at my Pay As You Go account online as I am speaking with the AT&T Rep and it has not been returned back to my account. Now she says it will take 3-4 days to show on my account. It has been a week now and still no returned payment. But in order for my account to be back in service I had to pay $98. And now my phone is working, but I can't even use the features that I pay out the @$$ for because of Network is Unavailable. But you will never ever see on a bill some price reduction on your bill due to their service that is unavailable all the time. What a rip off hoax of a company!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2010 01:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATT-WirelessCingular/internet/ATT-WirelessCingular-Suspended-my-account-stating-my-bill-was-past-due-when-I-just-over-578431. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AT&T Wireless/Cingular