Complaint Review: Aamco Pottstown, Pa

401 West High Street Pottstown, Pennsylvania United States of America

Aamco Pottstown, Pa Poor workmanship/ Over charged/ Pottstown, Pennsylvania

*Consumer Comment: Unhappy2

This is the letter I sent to Customer service at Aamco transmissions:

I want to let you know that I had a transmission recently rebuilt. The Aamco in Pottstown,Pa picked up my truck in April of 2009 and was working on the transmission until September 2009. It took 5-6 months and I was not even sure I was going to get my truck back. It was my understanding it should have only take 2 weeks to rebuild a transmission. When I would call I kept getting a "run around" about why it was taking so long.When it was done I made an arrangement to pay 150.00 a month with 700.00 dollars down payment, til the rebuilt was paid in full through a "loan company" which I never signed any papers for. I was also told that I had a GPS unit installed and they would retrieve my truck if I did not pay because the loan company that gave me the 2700.00 to rebuild the transmission wanted to be sure I would pay. The warranty was for a year on the rebuilt which expired September 2010. It has only been 5 months since the warranty expired and now most mornings I don't have reverse my 30mph is slipping and now 50+ miles is slipping too. When I made my last payment I was never asked to bring in the truck to have the "GPS" removed. I feel I was taken advantage of and lied to, I had to find a ride back and forth for 6 months to work during the rebuild, and I have been left with a 2700.00 pile of scrap metal, had I known this was going to be the case I would have saved the money and bought a car. I have not contacted that Aamco because I don't trust them anymore. Before I contacted the better business bureau I wanted you to be aware of the situation. I understand that Aamco has private owners and the reputation of the entire company should be considered when this kind of poor workmanship happens. But still as a consumer I expected better for 2700.00 and 5 months later, and unfortunately will not refer people to transmission repair through Aamco.

This was their response:

Michelle: We are sorry to inform you that the entity that repaired your vehicle in April 2009 sold the business last year. As a result, the new ownership has no obligation under any warranty that has expired. We are certain that they would like to attempt to assist you in some way so call the Pottstown location and explain the situation to them. AAMCO Customer Relations.

So I contacted Tom the new owner and was told that they would run tests on my truck but it would NOT be free "the repair" Hello??? and that I still have the "GPS" in my truck??? Plus You want me to pay another 2700.00 ??

Definition of insanity:keep doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

well I am not crazy!

Michelle

New Holland Pa

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/12/2011 08:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Aamco-Pottstown-Pa/Pottstown-Pennsylvania-/Aamco-Pottstown-Pa-Poor-workmanship-Over-charged-Pottstown-Pennsylvania-681602. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Aamco Pottstown, Pa

Unhappy2

AUTHOR: Unhappy2 - (United States of America)