Complaint Review: Aamco Transmissions

• Updated: Mon, January 23, 2012

• Reported By: chase mcnamara — miami Florida United States of America
Aamco Transmissions
1631 North State Rd 7 (441) Hollywood, Florida United States of America

Aamco Transmissions Aamco Transmissions of Hollywood Florida Crooks! Rippoff Artists! Hollywood, Florida

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Customer Unknown

My Ford 150 was stalling and the closest service shop; that i thought might have a good reputation was Aamco Transmissions and Repair Service of Hollywood Florida.  What a big mistake that was!
They told me they were going to run a computerized diagnostic on the motor because no one knew what was wrong with the motor or why it was stalling.  So i left my vehicle there and later that day they called me to inform me that i needed a $2000 rebuilt transmission.  I said fine..thinking that they ran the computerized diagnostic on the motor.  I drove outta there and a couple days later the motor stalled again.  I called them and told them and they told me to bring it in.  But instead i took it to a friends mechanic and he couldn't believe that a huge company like Aamco could miss a simple diagnosis of a cranked cylinder not allowing the motor to properly compress.

To be fair Aamco did offer to take my transmission out and refund the price of the transmission. But NOT the labor which was about $400 and the time it would take to get it out.  I was furious with this since it was there miss-diagnosis that caused this whole ordeal! They're crooks! All of them including everyone in the management office! They should be ashamed of themselves! In this economic climate, taking advantage of hard working people! Cowards!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/22/2012 04:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Aamco-Transmissions/Hollywood-Florida-33021/Aamco-Transmissions-Aamco-Transmissions-of-Hollywood-Florida-Crooks-Rippoff-Artists-Hol-826784. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Aamco Transmissions

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Customer Unknown

AUTHOR: Aamco transmissions of hollywood - (U.S.A.)

In response to this complaint, we have checked all of our records and do not find this customer, or the vehicle described in this complaint.(Chase Mc Namara). We do not recall any type of situation as this. We believe that is complaint is a hoax/untrue. Our Customers are very important to us. We strive to continue our excellent record of Customer Service and Quality Repairs. We request that this individual provide us with their correct name/vehicle/ and contact telephone numbers, so that we can speak with them and attempt to resolve this situation.  Thank you. AAMCO Transmissions of Hollywood, FL