Complaint Review: Aamco

• Updated: Tue, March 13, 2012

• Reported By: Joey — Austin Texas United States of America
Aamco
912 S. Lamar Boulevard, Austin, TX 78704 Internet United States of America

Aamco Misleading, wrong service caused severe perminant damage, poor customer service Internet, Internet

I brought my Chevrolet Express Van 3500 to Aamco in Austin, TX due to an intermittent clicking sound coming from the engine. Aamco suggested and performed an engine flush on my vehicle, the engine seized 2 days later. The van was functioning perfectly fine prior to the flush. I had the engine looked at by a certified mechanic and the inspection revealed that the flush caused the damage. I've called many reputable mechanics and repair centers and not ONE expert mechanic would even think of doing a complete engine flush on a used vehicle with over 200,000 miles. I also contacted the company the makes the solution for the engine flush and they too recommended against a flush for my situation.

I'm in a band and this is my work vehicle. The engine seized in Abilene, TX while I was on tour. I had to rent a van to complete the tour. The band incurred a host of expenses due to this incorrigible issue. Aamco has brushed me aside at every attempt I tried to seek a fair resolution. At this point if no one from Aamco steps forward with a resolution my only choice is to pursue this Aamco legally for the damages and perhaps go to the media with this and go viral with this situation.

I hope no one has to go through this, it's absolutely unacceptable and it's hard times enough as it is with this tough economy.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/13/2012 02:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Aamco/internet/Aamco-Misleading-wrong-service-caused-severe-perminant-damage-poor-customer-service-Int-853309. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Aamco