Complaint Review: Affinion Benefits Group

• Updated: Sun, April 06, 2014

• Reported By: Bianca Ferrara — PHOENIX Arizona United States of America
Affinion Benefits Group
PO BOX 40608 NASHVILLE, Tennessee United States of America

Affinion Benefits Group - Nashville TN Work for The Hartford as 3rd Party Administrator AFFINION BENEFITS GROUP IS A SCAM NASHVILLE, Tennessee

*General Comment: chippy

*Consumer Comment: Not a reputable company

*UPDATE Employee: Not a scam!!

Stay away from this company. They're nothing but a scam ripping people off. I tried to receive a premium and they would not release it even though all paperwork was completed and in order.

When I contacted them they were unhelpful, unwilling and inflexible.

Horrible, awful people.

They are hire by The Hartford as their 3rd Party Administrator in charge of billing. I bought this insurance policy through my Credit Union.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/07/2012 05:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Affinion-Benefits-Group/NASHVILLE-Tennessee-37204/Affinion-Benefits-Group-Nashville-TN-Work-for-The-Hartford-as-3rd-Party-Administrator-AF-923544. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Affinion Benefits Group

#1 General Comment

chippy

AUTHOR: chippy - ()

If they are not a ripoff, why is it impossible to contact them.

They give false phone number's so you can't contact them.

They give false web pages that have nothing to do with Affinion. What gives?

Not a reputable company

AUTHOR: Mary - (United States of America)

February 2011 I signed up for Affinion's AD&D insurance, premiums to be taken out of my credit union savings account quarterly.  July I received notice that Affinion was going to cancel my policy if I didn't send in the premium by a certain date.  July 11, 2011 I called Affinion's customer service number, spoke with a lady about my policy and coverage and advised her to cancel my policy at that time.

Imagine my suprise when I was contacted by my credit union in October 2012 about a over drawn fee being charged on my savings account. No, the date isn't incorrect, it was over a year later.   I had not received anything from Affinion since July 11, 2011. When I spoke with the credit union I found out that Affinion did not cancel my policy at my request but continued to withdraw their premium quarterly from my savings. I also found out that the credit union had dropped them as a recommended insurance agency due to the same problem with other customers.

I called Affinion, spoke with a CSR and a manager and had them send me paper work to be able to recover my monies they had withdrawn without my permission.  Of course I had no paper work or recording to substantiate my claim, nothing except my written notes on the original form.  And of course they denied my claim.

I filed a BBB report with the Nashville BBB.  According to Affinion I did call on July 11th but just to discuss coverage.  Per Affinion I had not request a cancellation of my policy during the phone call.

I will not ever do business with Affinion or Hartford Ins (the parent) and will spread the word about their business practices.  As far as I am concerned they are committing fraud and should be shut down, but evidently they are in bed with some government officials to be able to scam people like this and not have anything done.

Not a scam!!

AUTHOR: marleyg - (United States of America)

i am a fairly recent employee of affinion. this company is not a scam, they are registered with the BBB and when valid claims are filed, the benefits are paid out!

the biggest issue is that people do not understand we are the THIRD PARTY ADMINISTRATOR FOR MOST FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS AND THE INSURANCE PRODUCTS THEY OFFER!!! ABG does not receive any if the money u pay each month or each quarter for your premiums. Because u speak with one bank representative and they do not know who we are does not mean we are not associated with the company. I mean think about it 1 branch is miniscule compared to an entire company the size of bank of america or suntrust or first hawaiian bank or wells fargo or chase bank.

second problem is customers see the words $1000 and FREE and stop reading, check all the check boxes, sign and return the form, CONGRATULATIONS you just enrolled in $300,000 of ACCIDENTAL DEATH AND DISMEMBERMENT (NOT LIFE) INSURANCE for u and your family!

and the third and final issue is most customers sign up for coverage 30-40 years ago and just noticed the charge because they've now retired and live off of monthly income checks that are deposited on a fixed schedule and the premiums are withdrawn from an empty account and the customer gets an overdraft fee and is oblivious to the reason for the charge.

to sum it all up, it is a legitimate company and no one is being scammed

all coverage offered is for ACCIDENTS ONLY and is clearly explained in the enrollment packet. no offer provides coverage for SICKNESS DISEASE OR NATURAL  CAUSES! READ BEFORE YOU SIGN YOUR LIFE AWAY!!