Complaint Review: Aldelo

• Updated: Tue, July 15, 2014

• Reported By: Mango's Bar and Grill — Columbia South Carolina
Aldelo
, Select State/Province USA

Aldelo Pro This system is for VERY SMALL 1-4 employee businesses ONLY!!! California

*General Comment: Small business beware

I've owned my restaurant for 8 years and have operated it with a nationally recognized POS system.  After 8 years it was time to replace this system.  I was convinced by my credit card processing company (also friends and regulars at my restaurant) to go with Aldelo Pro.  This was a HUGE mistake!!  If you are contemplating Aldelo and have a full service restaurant this software is NOT for you.  If you have a very small sub shop or candy store, I still would not recommend it, but it might suffice.

If you have a full service restaurant and are expecting an ALOHA or MICROS or OnePOS or SQUIRREL EQUIVELANT consider that it would be like the difference between any of today's smartphones and buying a "flip-phone" from 2004.  This software sets restaurnt operating systems back 25 years.  If you want to be a profitable restauratuer, spend the extra grand or two and you'll stay in business.  You'd be better off peeling $400 off of what your paying Aldelo and stopping by COSTCO, buying a button type register, then continue walking to the retention pond in the parking lot and chucking the remainder of that money in that pond and watching it sink.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/15/2014 05:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Aldelo/Select-StateProvince/Aldelo-Pro-This-system-is-for-VERY-SMALL-1-4-employee-businesses-ONLY-California-1162327. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Aldelo

#1 General Comment

Small business beware

AUTHOR: struggling restaurant owner - ()

It was a mistake to go with Aldelo. Their sales team convinced me to use them and claimed easy setup and operation. I am a non-technical user so I pay $500 a year for the tech support. When I call for help, I am on hold on average 30-60 minutes before someone pick up the phone. A very few of the techs are nice and helpful, but most techs I spoke with are berating and condescending. They are yelling at me because I do not immediately see a button they want me to press, or doing the wrong thing. If I know how this works, I will not pay you $500. I pay because I need help. You take the money but do not want to help.

Previous complaint says maybe okay for small business. But I think be prepared to pay hidden costs that are not mentioned from sales. My initial budget for 2 Aldelo station was $1500. But I end up spend almost $3000 for support contract and 'extra feature' like caller ID, credit card, etc. Beware if you are not a computer expert! Prepare to be harshly spoken down to and treated like a misbehaving child when you call for help.

I will plan to change to other POS when budget allows, but now we have spent too much on this system to throw it out.