Complaint Review: Amazon.com LLC

• Submitted: Tue, February 05, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, February 07, 2013

• Reported By: Bruce — Carrollton Texas U.S.A.
Amazon.com LLC
Seattle, Washington United States of America

Amazon.com LLC Amazon Defrauds Seller and Buyer at same time, but settles with Buyer and closes Seller Account Seattle, Washington

*UPDATE Employee: I am a seller who got the shaft!!!

*General Comment: Unfortunate

I will make this really brief.
The item in dispute is an expensive back up power supply (APC UPS). Most domestic and international models are indistinguishable by front photo alone, so the model number and item description are very important.

I sold a new international model and then the buyer (an engineering firm, no less) claimed I sold them a domestic one. When I refused to accept back without a restocking fee, Amazon closed my Seller account (with over $1800 in inventory) and is now holding all the remaining sold funds for 90 days.

When I checked the ad in my Seller Account, to my horror, Amazon had no only fraudulently changed the ad to their stock version, but the link now goes to several other Sellers. Fortunately for me, I had print a pdf copy of all my original postings.

Then the Buyer filed an A to Z claim and Amazon has stated in writing that since "I" had sold something materially different, they were going to refund the Buyer the entire amount AND the Buyer can keep the other brand new $400 item.

Again, fortunately I have all the original documentation. I will pursue this in Small Claims Court and file a complaint with the Attorney General in Washington State. Yes, it will take me a long time. Yes, in the World of events, this is a nothing. But, I am determined because this is both a fraud and misrepresentation on the part of Amazon and I am the damaged party in what I set up as an honest and transparent transaction.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2013 05:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Amazoncom-LLC/Seattle-Washington-/Amazoncom-LLC-Amazon-Defrauds-Seller-and-Buyer-at-same-time-but-settles-with-Buyer-and-1009482. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Amazon.com LLC

I am a seller who got the shaft!!!

AUTHOR: Screwed in oklahoma - (U.S.A.)

Your report is an eye opener! This past Monday, the day you mention, without notice, my Amazon Sellers Account was closed!!! I have tried to contact the "seller performance" department, but nobody can talk to them (like the wizard of oz). Even the folks who answer the phones when you call can NOT call or physically deal with that dept...so..all my emails have gone unanswered" as of today, Feb. 7. I was 'promised"  a reply and reason back on the 5th, but it never came. They have also froze my money 577.00 and refuse to release it to me.
I have emailed and called so many times I can't count. All I ask for is "why did you close my account, details please." There is something very fishy about this whole thing. I have made so much money for that company and this is how I get treated??
I have no place to turn and they have totally ruined my 98% customer rating I worked so hard to get. Is there no one to police Amazon? Can they legally get away with what they did? Don't I have the right to know what I am being accused of? Someone help please!

#2 General Comment

Unfortunate

AUTHOR: Avoid PayPal - (United States of America)

That is unfortunate! They can't let the seller keep the other part of the purchase just because of an issue with one item. I sell about 15-20k a month on eBay and was looking for an alternative cause eBay sucks.  I was thinking of switching over from eBay to Amazon but seeing things like this make me uncertain.  Wish there was a better alternative to these dishonest companies!

binomial