Complaint Review: American Classic Bakery AKA Fernandos Bakery

• Updated: Fri, March 05, 2010

• Reported By: Carrie21175 — Ivor Virginia United States of America
American Classic Bakery AKA Fernandos Bakery
5 Sherman Street Linden, New Jersey United States of America

American Classic Bakery AKA Fernandos Bakery American Classic Bakery The worse dessert I've ever smelled and tasted Linden, New Jersey

Last night I purchased a "Gourmet Marble Crumb Cake" from this company, while stopping to get gas at a convenience store in Smithfield, VA.  I gave the cake to my daughter when I got home and no sooner than getting the package open she came to me and said "mom- you need to smell this".  After smelling the cake, I was ASTONISHED.  I have never smelled such a pungent chemical smell in a pre-packaged product before. It was absolutely horrible. I thought- well maybe it's just the wrapper that smells, so I took a bite of the cake and was further horrified. I had to run to the trash can to spit it out.  I have never felt so strongly about a food product before this incident.  It smelled and tasted extremely TOXIC!!  I will also be calling the company this morning. This product should NOT be on any store shelves!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2010 07:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Classic-Bakery-AKA-Fernandos-Bakery/Linden-New-Jersey-07036/American-Classic-Bakery-AKA-Fernandos-Bakery-American-Classic-Bakery-The-worse-dessert-Iv-578488. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Classic Bakery AKA Fernandos Bakery