Complaint Review: American Home Maintenance, Inc

• Submitted: Thu, July 08, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, July 19, 2010

• Reported By: Mike — mesa Arizona U.S.A.
American Home Maintenance, Inc
2922 S Roosevelt St Tempe, Arizona United States of America

American Home Maintenance, Inc Orangutan Air AMERICAN HOME MAINTENANCE WILL LEAVE YOU HOT AND BOTHERED! Tempe , Arizona

*UPDATE Employee: We are sorry Mike.

*Author of original report: American Home Maint. settles my complaint

I called American Home Maintenance  to request service on of our air conditioning unit that was not working. The unit was not putting out any air, and the temperature outside the house was 115 degrees and inside was over 90 degrees. This unit had been serviced by American Home Maintenance prior to my call and had been supposedly repaired for the same problem.

I spoke to a very snide operator named Sandra who bluntly informed me there was no way they could service the unit that day. I asked her for a specific time they could service the unit and she would not provide a time.

I explained to her that her company had just been out to repair the unit and this is a situation where they were doing a re-work of their previous call and due to the extreme temperatures she should make an effort to resolve this issue. She laughed and said this is our schedule and would still not send a technician out.

Next, I proposed that I call another firm to come take a look at the problem and if it was due to faulty work on the part of her firm would she pay for the repair- again she laughed and said no. She offered no further assistance. I asked to have someone else call me back and she agreed to log my call and have someone call back- no one ever called back.

My next action was to contact Arizona Refrigeration Service who promptly dispatched a technician to my home. After only 5 minutes he determined that the problem with the unit was caused by the prior work performed by American Home Maintenance. They had improperly wired the unit during their last repair. He so noted the cause of the problem on his invoice.

I again called American Home Maintenance to discuss the situation and request reimbursement for their prior work- no one was available. I then faxed a letter explaining the situation and asked for resolution- no one responded (and to date there has been no response).

I have now spent nearly $400 repairing what was supposed to be a very simple problem and have had to have 2 companies make service calls at my home- in Arizona in the summer.

American Home Maintenance could not have cared less that their mechanic did poor work, and they have no interest  in resolving complaints against their firm. They do not even return phone calls!

They are however very interested in sellig you expensive warranty programs. If you are not interested in their pitch then they loose interest in perfromig the work at hand.

Beware of American Home Maintenance!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2010 09:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Home-Maintenance-Inc/Tempe-Arizona-85282/American-Home-Maintenance-Inc-Orangutan-Air-AMERICAN-HOME-MAINTENANCE-WILL-LEAVE-YOU-HOT-621436. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Home Maintenance, Inc

We are sorry Mike.

AUTHOR: Orangutan Home Services - (United States of America)

We are sorry that we have not resolved this situation earlier and we are very glad to hear this problem has found a solution and again we are sorry for this inconvenience. You may contact us at our main number; 800-673-7942 - Orangutan Home Services previously American Home Maintenance.

American Home Maint. settles my complaint

AUTHOR: Mike - (U.S.A.)

While I never received a return phone call in response to my phone and fax messages, I did receive a check refunding me the cost of the service call (including the parts cost) for the visit made by the company which prompted my complaint. The check arrived within 3 days of my faxed request for reimbursement.

I appreciate the companies response in settling this matter so promptly.