Complaint Review: American Inn

4141 S. Noland Rd Independence, Missouri United States of America
  • Phone: 816-373-8300
  • Web:
  • Category: Lodging

American Inn "Mindy" Very rude front desk personnel. Too busy to be courteous. WiFi not working. Independence, Missouri

I am a truck driver that uses lodging services year round. Not only does this American Inn have plenty of sketchy people haning around all night in the shadows of the building but the ownership evidently from my experience employ and tolerate rude personnel that are also evidently just there to rack up room rentals and if there are any problems you are asked to check out next day.  I paid for a room for two days and tried to use the WiFi service that is advertised with the room rental. The WiFi was difficult to use. I had to call the front desk several times within the few hours of the day I tried to use it in order to get 'Mindy' to reboot their server/network that provides the WiFi. Each time I called; 'Mindy' was verrrry short on the phone and actually just responded and hung up on me several times. The last time I called after several preceding calls, I mentioned to 'Mindy' that I felt she was rude and short with me on the phone and politely informed her that I was planning to rent the room one more day but might not since they were not evidently able to keep their WiFi netork working of which I depend on as a truck driver working over the road to maintain financial services, communicate w/ relatives, employer, etc. 'Mindy' rudely told me : "you can just check out tomorrow". When I asked for her supervisor she said they were not available and that I could contact them on Monday.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/20/2013 06:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Inn/Independence-Missouri-64055/American-Inn-Mindy-Very-rude-front-desk-personnel-Too-busy-to-be-courteous-WiFi-not-w-1044932. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Inn