Complaint Review: American Specialty Health

• Updated: Wed, February 06, 2013

• Reported By: ASH go away — Tennessee United States of America
American Specialty Health
10221 Wateridge Circle San Diego, California United States of America

American Specialty Health ASH Companies Acts like an HMO! Ash is denying coverage for chiropractic care even though I have Cigna PPO. At the minimum chiropractic care should be paid at 70% even for out-of-network providers. San Diego, California

*Consumer Comment: Class action suit against Cigna and ASHN

I have been seeing my chiropractor for about 4 years now. Over a year ago, I began receiving letters from American Specialty Health regarding the coverage I am allowed.  According to my benefits through Cigna my chiropractor had been receiving 70% of the fees charged; but all of this has changed. Now ASH makes my provider jump through hoops just to get a claim paid and has limited the number of visits I receive.  I have RA, Fibromyalgia, low back pain because of minimul disc space, arthritic knees, etc, etc, etc.  My chiropractor has helped me tremendously with pain management with therapeutic exercises and spinal manipulations.  Supposedly ASH is helping Cigna save money; but it appears that ASH is the one making the money.  OK, so lets say I am unable to get the chiropractor care I need; I'll just start going to an Orthopedist, and a Neurologist, and a Rhematologist.   Then we will see how much money they save.  I have been successfully avoiding these specialists because of the chiropractor care I have received.  I want American Specialty Health to go away and stop trying to determine what is medically necessary for me while setting up there on their ivory towers.  They don't know me; they haven't examined me. I think they may be a rip off, a scam, or maybe even politically involved in some aspect.   I do know; however,  they are a thorn in my side; and they waste a lot of paper.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/27/2012 05:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Specialty-Health/San-Diego-California-92121/American-Specialty-Health-ASH-Companies-Acts-like-an-HMO-Ash-is-denying-coverage-for-chi-932988. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Specialty Health

Class action suit against Cigna and ASHN

AUTHOR: Kat - (U.S.A.)

Hopefully your chiropractor knows about this lawsuit, but if not, let them know that the American Chiropractic Association, on the behalf of chiropractors and subscribers all over the US, filed a class action suit against Cigna and ASHN on December 28, 2012 regarding the issues you spoke of and several other violations of the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), witch is the federal law governing private employee benefit plans.  They are looking for doctors to provide examples of improper activity on the part of ASHN and Cigna.  Your doctor can find the information needed to do so on the ACA's website by visiting the Chiropractic Networks Action Center.  We are fighting for you!!!  Please let your doctor know!!!