Complaint Review: Art House Reproductions

Seattle, Washington United States of America

Art House Reproductions Rip offs! Beware!! Seattle, Washington

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Art House Reply

*General Comment: Don't be confused by similar names

I ordered an expensive painting which I received damaged. The frame was busted on all four corners and pieces broken completely off. The workmanship was very poor quality....sloppily done. Needless to say I was surprised and very disappointed. I tried numerous times to contact this company thru emails and phone to no avail. They do not answer their phones...only option is to leave voicemail messages which go unanswered. I have had not a single response from this company. I believe they are scamming and ripping people off. Do not do business with this company! Do not be a victim!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/24/2013 08:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Art-House-Reproductions/Seattle-Washington-/Art-House-Reproductions-Rip-offs-Beware-Seattle-Washington-1037542. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Art House Reproductions

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Art House Reply

AUTHOR: Art House Reproductions - (USA)

I'm not certain that the complaint is even valid as we regularly check e-mail and respond to customer issues, should they arise.

That said, I'd like to address each complaint.

1. We post videos and provide probably the most detailed photos of our frames online. We realize that making art decisions without actually being there is difficult, so therefore provide high quality photos and videos of our artwork and frames. We produce great work. If the art or frame isn't up to a customer's standards - we make it right.

2. This site appears to focus on the negative with lots of flashing red lights, capital letters, and feeds on a general "fear" that many people have when ordering online. It's ashamed that 1 comment can tarnish our reputation. We have been in business since 1997 and unfortunately (and not surprisingly) those customers didn't post on this site to counter the claim, but simply sent us a follow up thanks or told a neighbor or friend about their experience (approximately 25% of our orders come from repeat customers).

3. Scam sites typically don't last due to high refunds or chargebacks from customers. We maintain a very high standard with our credit cart merchant account, and proud of our extremely low refund rates.

4. We love what we do - plain and simple. We're knowledgable about art and love being in this field. Again, it's unfortunate we have to set our record straight on sites that promote fear.

I have no idea if this site will allow me to post this, but hopefully they do :-)

#2 General Comment

Don't be confused by similar names

AUTHOR: Art House HQ - ()

I would like to put on record that the business mentioned in the original report - Art House Reproductions, www.arthousereproductions.com - is a business based in Seattle, Washington USA. My business of the same name and nature - Art House Reproductions - www.artreproductions.com.au -  based in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, has no association and never has had any association with this US based business.