Complaint Review: Ascentive Software

• Updated: Sat, December 19, 2009

• Reported By: Ed — Sykesville Maryland United States of America
Ascentive Software
201 Spring Street Philadelphia, Pennsylvania United States of America

Ascentive Software Ascentive Software stated via email to me that my subscription to Ascentive software will automatically renew and they will charge my credit card. I did not purchase this software! Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

*UPDATE Employee: Ascentive's Response

I did try to get their email address to respond to them but I could not find a valid address on their website. Following is an excerpt from their email to me:

Dear ,
Your annual subscription to Ascentive software ActiveSpeed will automatically renew on .

Renewing is easy!
Step 1: Download the latest version of ActiveSpeed.
Step 2: Run ActiveSpeed to find out if your Internet connection is slowing you down. In just minutes you can determine if your system settings are fully optimized.
Step 3: Because you are a valued customer of ours, we provide the convenience of automatically renewing your subscription to ActiveSpeed for an additional year at $29.95
This will be processed through your current credit card on file. If your credit card has changed or been updated, please contact Customer Service to insure there is no disruption in your ActiveSpeed service

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/12/2009 08:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ascentive-Software/Philadelphia-Pennsylvania-19123/Ascentive-Software-Ascentive-Software-stated-via-email-to-me-that-my-subscription-to-Asce-538203. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ascentive Software

Ascentive's Response

AUTHOR: Chris Gordon - (United States of America)

Hello, this is Chris Gordon, Email Marketing Manager at Ascentive.  During the weekend of Dec 11th to Dec 13th, a subscription auto-renewal email was accidentally sent to everyone in the Ascentive email database.  This database includes not only current and former customers but also recipients who may have received any information from us in the past.

The email was only meant for a small number of our current subscription users. Ascentive would like to assure you that this is not an attempt to obtain your credit card information and at no time would we request that information unless you had previously activated an account with us. We offer our apologies for the error and you will receive no further emails from us in the future.