Complaint Review: AsianDate.com

• Updated: Sun, January 26, 2014

• Reported By: Andy — Mobile Alabama
AsianDate.com
, Select State/Province USA

AsianDate.com No free lunch, getting ones computer attacked internet

*Consumer Suggestion: Personal security problem, not site's problem

*Consumer Comment: Not all are fake.

*Consumer Comment: And I hope

This company is the one from hell. I had no intention of getting a date off it, but what they did was to generate over 800 fake letters, with computer generated profiles, which were a come on to try to have a customer put in financial information, or pay them. I did none of the above, but merely read , as a 59 year old man, implausable letters, from alleged 18-20 year olds in China, begging letters.

I looked at the profile pictures but never, replied to the letters, thinking that eventually this computer programming scam would cease and desist. Instead after 3 weeks, what was a super secure computer was crashed, and hacked into. A computer tech, spent over 4 hours in January 4th restoring, with difficulty an operating system, after finding bullet proof evidence of a sophisticated hack attack, and this was the ONLY computer site of any 'ill repute' which I had visited.

The repairs cost over 175 USD, and to put it mildly I am extremely pissed off. It seemed comical to get begging letters from 18 -20 year old models and the like from all over China. They were obviously fake, and I had a bottle of champaine, asking how long it would take for the scam to tank. Instead, my computer was hacked into, and I am refusing under any circumstances to visit the site, no matter what it sends out.

The site is run by cyber criminals. I wish to state I had no intention of a date, but I was putting in, as a joke, my details as a 59 year old whom does visit China for professional reasons quite often. I thought that at most if there was any credibility about 3 or so letters, since in what was put in, I said as little as possible. 59 years old, a person who was not overweight and who was a frequent visitor. Practically NOTHING, and in exchange, one ruined computer for not giving them credit information.

I did not expect the computer hacking. It happened, and I view it as payback for not giving this scam a cent in terms of any credit information.

These people are cyber criminals.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/26/2014 04:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AsianDatecom/Select-StateProvince/AsianDatecom-No-free-lunch-getting-ones-computer-attacked-internet-1118619. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AsianDate.com

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Personal security problem, not site's problem

AUTHOR: Trent Chicago - ()

I'm a user of AsianDate, and I've never experienced the problems described by the gentleman from Alabama, regarding computer security violations.  I really don't think it was the fault of AsianDate, but rather some other malicious site he visited.  AsianDate has been around for awhile, and I just don't think it's in their best interest to infect their clients' computer with malware.  As to the claims of all the girls being fake...well go on one of their Romance tours and you'll find out really quick that there loads of real girls on this site.

I think what is more likely to have happened is that the user was searching through many asian dating websites, many of which are fly by night operations with little to no user security, and along the way his computer picked up something.

AsianDate has my credit card information because I'm a paying member, just thought I'd put that disclaimer out there.  I've never had any bogus charges added to it, nor has my computer been infected with malware or other bad stuff.

In my opinion, AsianDate is a safe site to use.  Yes, you'll get a lot of letters, some of which sound the same.  Let me ask you this though: if you're a successful older guy, how many times do you walk through your office and get favorable attention from women 20-30 years younger than you?  In my experience, it's quite frequent.

Not all are fake.

AUTHOR: tibbir - ()

I am a member of the site you mentioned and yes many profiles are fake.  Not so much from the company itself but from individuals who are using the company.  If I am interested in a lady and if I want to know if a she is real I ask her to pose with a piece of notebook paper saying Hello Tom.  I tell them to attach the picture to their next letter and guess what? Fifty percent of them do as asked.  This proves to me that at least some of them are real people.  I was on the site for months without writing anyone and received hundreds of letters and no one ever hacked into my computer.  I correspond with some very beautiful young ladies who invite me to visit all the time expressing their desire to marry or even just "move in" and I am 63 years old.  Orientals view elders with deep respect.  They even worship their ancestors.  It is not like here in the U.S.A. where you are often viewed as no longer being of any use to society.  Tom

And I hope

AUTHOR: MochaG - ()

I hope you learned what you have experienced. When you create a fake/joke personal profile, you should NEVER enter the real financial information! In other words, when you want to play/joke around on the Internet, you must completely separate the play from your real financial information! That's all I am going to say...