Complaint Review: Aspen Fitness

• Updated: Sat, December 22, 2012

• Reported By: brian0708 — Lewis Center Ohio United States of America
Aspen Fitness
6493 Pullman Dr. Lewis Center, Ohio United States of America

Aspen Fitness Scam, rip off, unethical businsess practices - DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM! Lewis Center, Ohio

This place is a joke.  My wife signed us up for a 2 year membership in advance - I tried to cancel 5 times in the past 2 years and there was always a reason why they could not do it - manager is not in, I do not know how, you would owe us a $200 cancellation fee......the advance membership rate was only $200.

I finally was able to cancel my membership on December 5, 2012.  Of course it was not easy - after I spoke to them on the phone and they assured me all I needed to do as stop in and sign a cancellation form - that was not the case.  I was able to cancel my membership but since my wife was the primary, she had to come in again.

Low and behold as I am balancing my checkbook this morning I see 2 charges for Aspen Fitness totaling ~$70.  I called and spoke to Mike (one of the acting managers of this private company) and he told me I did not give them enough notice so he had to charge me for the balance of the auto renewing contract for 2013.  I conveyed my dissatisfaction to Mike and he told me he was sorry to hear but he, as an acting manager and part owner, can do nothing about it.

This place is a joke, management is clueless and I would strongly discourage anyone from joining.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/22/2012 08:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Aspen-Fitness/Lewis-Center-Ohio-43035/Aspen-Fitness-Scam-rip-off-unethical-businsess-practices-DO-NOT-DO-BUSINESS-WITH-THEM-985827. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Aspen Fitness