Complaint Review: Asset Care

Asset Care
, Delaware United States of America

Asset Care NCO FINANCIAL (18664293592) Phone SCAM - Debt Collection, Delaware

*Consumer Comment: FYI

I continually get calls for debt collection to my US number which is listed on the bill as NCO FINANCIAL (18664293592). I can see on the Internet that many (see (((link redacted)))), many people have calls from this organization, simply to get information on your social security number or oterh personal information.

I have no debts in the USA - I know this as I do not live there, no do I do business there. I have a local US number to make it cheaper for my family to contact me. Even people who call them simply to get their telephone number unlisted from their service have problems with the organization (enter 18666429352 in www.google.com to see what I mean).

I suggest you do not respind to them. Is there a way to get the telephone company to help? I am already listed on the US National 'Do-Not-Call' Database (see https://www.donotcall.gov/) and this organization does not respct that.

I hope this helps someone else.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/04/2011 01:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Asset-Care/-Delaware-/Asset-Care-NCO-FINANCIAL-18664293592-Phone-SCAM-Debt-Collection-Delaware-690890. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Asset Care

FYI

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

Debt collectors often have trouble locating debtors, so they start harassing the first person they can find with a similar name or phone number.

- How to stop collection agency harassment for a debt that is not yours: First, you're going to have to get the name, address and fax# of the collection agency that is calling you. Once you get this Send/fax the collection agency a letter via Certified Mail + Return Receipt (do NOT use regular mail) stating:

Per the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, cease all communications with me and stop all phone calls to [insert your phone #]. You have the wrong person and this is not my debt. Receipt of this letter is officially being time stamped via Certified Mail. I will pursue each subsequent phone call from your office with a $1,000 per incident penalty for Fair Debt Collection Practices Act violations.
===========

You can have someone here in the USA send this via certified mail to you.