Complaint Review: Auto Computer Exchange

• Updated: Fri, August 19, 2011

• Reported By: FireMan — Evansville Indiana United States of America
Auto Computer Exchange
5414 Stirling Road Davie, Florida United States of America

Auto Computer Exchange autocomputerexchange.com Defective merchandise, refusal to refund money after failing to provide me with a working product. Davie, Florida

In mid July of 2011 my SUV's PCM (computer) died.  So I looked around and ordered one from Auto Computer Exchange.  Big mistake.  The first item they sent me functioned for a short while (about 2 days) and then started having the same problems that my original computer had.....  While I was on vacation with my family 500 miles away from home. I called them up and, after explaining the situation, got them to send me a replacement.

(I might add that I have a degree in electronics engineering and have been repairing both gasoline and diesel engines for many years.  I know what I am talking about when I say the PCM is defective)

The replacement unit NEVER worked properly.  This led me to believe that it was simply a problem with my wiring or some other electrical component.  After replacing/testing numerous parts, checking the integrity of my wiring, and finally taking it into a shop that specializes in automotive electrical, it has been determined that the PCM is still the problem.

So I called up their number and explained how they have now sent me two defective units.  I asked if they could just send me back my original, I would send their broken PCM, and just give me my money back.  They, of course, would only offer store credit and stated that they didn't even have my original anymore.  I then asked if, since they had my broken unit and I had been sold a broken unit, we could just call it even and return my money.  Still no dice.

These people are thieves.  They are simply selling salvaged PCM/ECM's to people and claiming that they are "rebuilding" them.  It is no wonder that they have a "F" rating with the Better Business Bureau.

I now have to spend an additional $300+ in order to get a PCM from a reputable auto parts dealer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/19/2011 01:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Auto-Computer-Exchange/Davie-Florida-33314/Auto-Computer-Exchange-autocomputerexchangecom-Defective-merchandise-refusal-to-refund-m-767287. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Auto Computer Exchange