scared

• Updated: Fri, November 22, 2013

• Reported By: Steve S — Haverford Pennsylvania
Auto Finance Network
Internet USA

Auto Finance Network Crazy 88, Focus Inc called using a spoofed phone number, claiming they have an approved car loan application in my name, but completely bogus internet

Today (22NOV2013), a man called my personal cell phone number, and asked for me by name. I said, "yes, speaking", and he identified himself as calling from the "Auto Finanace Network". He spoke in broken english (seemed like an Indian accent), so I asked him twice to repeat his company name. He said he was he was following up on a recent application made by me (not true) for an auto loan (he said "your application has been approved"). When I informed him strongly that I had not applied for a car loan, he immediately hung up. All I know for sure is that he has my cell number and name, but I am concerned that he or someone else has falsely applied for a loan under my information, or could cause significant harm to my credit rating or worse. After some research, it seems that the "Auto Finance Network", aka Crazy 88, aka Focus Inc (and probably other aka's) call you to try to get you to go to a car dealer to buy a car, and they get some sort of referral fee from the dealership. This seems somewhat more benign than my initial reaction, so I will remain suspicious. Nontheless, it is unacceptable for any organization to use false pretenses or flat-out lies to get your hard earned money. Additionally, my phone had been on the government do not call list.donotcall.gov), yet these types of calls seem to appear more frequently since registering. Very disheartening to think that I unwittingly opened myself up for these scams, thinking that I could trust a government program to keep my information secure and confidential.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/22/2013 02:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Auto-Finance-Network/internet/Auto-Finance-Network-Crazy-88-Focus-Inc-called-using-a-spoofed-phone-number-claiming-th-1101518. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Auto Finance Network