Complaint Review: Auto Marketing Systems (AMS)

• Submitted: Fri, January 04, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, January 08, 2013

• Reported By: Mary — Warren Michigan United States of America
Auto Marketing Systems (AMS)
P.O. Box 1831, Roanoke, VA 24008 Internet United States of America

Auto Marketing Systems (AMS) AMS SCAM, LIES, RIP-OFF, 90 Day Guarantee Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Complaint Resolved 1/7/2013

I placed an ad in Craig's list to sell my 2008 Chrysler Sebring.  A few days after I placed the ad in Craig's list I got calls from this marketing company stating they had "approved" "prospective" buyers interested in my car and if I agreed to their advertising my car they would match their buyers with me.

A fast talking sales representative called back and convinced me the only thing it would cost me if I sold my car myself was $29 out-of-pocket.  I was guaranteed if the car didn't sell I would only be out $29 of the $249 the service cost.  Hence, I allowed myself to be scammed, ripped off, lied to and gave AMS my credit card number.

They also begged me to list the car for more than I had it on Craig's list for.  I didn't want to do that at all, but they insisted.  The car was listed for $7,000 on Craigh's list and they wanted me to list it for $8,000+, but I refused. [continued below]....
.....  Instead we agreed on $7,295 to cover the $249 cost of their scam service!

In less than a week I received seven phone calls on my car from my Craig's list ad and the second person that came to see the car bought it CASH!  I've tried for 3 days to cancel this service and my car was still up on their website today.  I've asked nicely for a refund and now I find out I have to wait the full 90 days and send the notorized document in only between March 25, 2013 and April ?, 2013.

This is the dumbest and most ridiculous thing I have ever fallen for.  It's a bunch of high pressure marketing people that do not have any "prequalified" "preapproved" prospective car buyers in the system.  It's a pack of lies.  The ad they copied into their service is MY CRAIG'S list ad verbatim.  It even shows the car is listed for $7,000  OBO in my Craig's listing.

Whatever you do, don't fall for this.  It's going to take me 3 months to get $220 back for a stupid mistake I made.  However, I will contact my bank and have them remove this charge.  It's unethical, unprofessional and a scam.  Thank you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/04/2013 02:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Auto-Marketing-Systems-AMS/internet/Auto-Marketing-Systems-AMS-AMS-SCAM-LIES-RIP-OFF-90-Day-Guarantee-Internet-991351. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Auto Marketing Systems (AMS)

Complaint Resolved 1/7/2013

AUTHOR: John AMS - (United States of America)

This complaint was resolved on 1/7/2013. Mary was refunded her full purchase amount of $249. AMS does purchase leads on a daily basis, and does offer a 90 Day money back guarantee. AMS has always (and will continue) to resolve any and all complaints. I personally called and spoke with Mary yesterday to resolve her complaint.

socalled