Complaint Review: Auto Shipping

• Reported By: BeachJC — Virgnia Beach Virginia United States of America
Auto Shipping
3322 Poe Ave Internet United States of America

Auto Shipping Internet PayPal scam, Internet

I have a car advertised on Craigslist to which "Paul Smith" responded asking for my PayPal account email address.  I called PayPal and they assured me there was no harm he could do with the information so, to play along, I gave "Paul Smith" the information.

I then received "confirmation" from PayPal of the deposit.  Of course, there was no deposit and when I contacted "Paul Smith", he said that PayPal had a new policy and the funds would not be credited to my account until I had sent the shipping costs - $900 - via Western Union to Auto Shipping Company, and when I supplied PayPal with the Western Union transmission confirmation PayPal would then deposit the selling price of the car to my account.

The fake websites of PayPal and of Auto Shipping Company look legitimate but I knew otherwise as I fell for a scam 6-7 years ago on ebay where the sites appeared to be legitimte.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/15/2012 05:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Auto-Shipping/internet/Auto-Shipping-Internet-PayPal-scam-Internet-941547. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Auto Shipping