Complaint Review: Avangate.com Avangate Inc

• Updated: Mon, August 11, 2014

• Reported By: Jorge — San Juan, PR Other
Avangate.com Avangate Inc
Internet USA

Avangate.com Avangate Inc Total Defense Unauthorized charge on credit card Netherlands or California Internet

I see a charge on my credit card saying Avanguard TotalDefen Ref for $69.99.

I call avanguard, and first thing on the recording, 8 digit reference, I press pound untill it passes that part. I have no reference number.

Recording said: Please select from one of the following: If you don’t recognize a charge on your statement press 1. (Suspicious.) For software support press 2, for renewals issues or license retrieval press 3, payment related issues such as order status, payment authorization or refund request press 4.

I tried 1, it hang up, tried 4, it was on hold for a while and hang up. I pressed 2 and “John” answered. I told him about the charge and he quickly replied “first 4 and last 4 of your credit card and we will refund you”. He was ready for my refund request. Now I ask him how he got my information and he stated, from BioBit or something similar in I think 2011 I had purchased and this was the renewal.

First, that credit card had expired. Second, what is Total Defense and why did I get charged for that, does the software he said I purchased in 2011 even exist anymore?

This is such a rip off, I never authorized them to charge me. How many people don’t find the charge and end up paying for this? This should be illegal. Auto Renewal 4 years later to a totaly different software? This is a scam and should be stopped.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/11/2014 12:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Avangatecom-Avangate-Inc/internet/Avangatecom-Avangate-Inc-Total-Defense-Unauthorized-charge-on-credit-card-Netherlands-o-1169020. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Avangate.com Avangate Inc