- Report: #516801
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: BLOCK BUSTER VIDEO
BLOCK BUSTER VIDEO1325 Henderson Hwy Winnipeg, Manitoba United States of America
BLOCK BUSTER VIDEO indicated that the movie rental had been sold to my account after I paid the premium rental amount which was not to charge any late fees to my account. Person who rented me the movies never indicated Winnipeg, Manitoba
*Consumer Comment: How long do you expect to keep it?
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
The staff member who originally rented the movies me to me indicated the following:
1. Pay the normal rental cost but if you return late would be subject to late fees.
2. Pay the higher rental cost subject to no late fees no matter when they are returned.
Realizing we end up paying late fees on movies more often than I care to, I opted for the second rental option. Upon returning the movies to the above noted location, here is what I was just told..
1. The movies had been sold to my account.
2. They had left a message on an answering machine that I have indicated the messages are not picked up regularly and that calls can be made to my cell phone if they are wanting to get in touch with me, this is contained within my voicemail message, along with my cell phone number. I did not receive a call, yet this voicemail message indicates that messages are not picked up from the voicemail.
I was never informed of the "policy" regarding movies being late beyond a certain period of time, are sold to your account. C'mon now, are you making up this policy as you go along...its certainly not posted anywhere, nor are you advised of this when taking out rental option 2.
I have left my membership card, the movies I returned, plus the movies I was about to buy in the store and left. The very rude woman who works there, no doubt preferred to give me a hard time rather than retain me as a customer. I have barely visited your store as your past practices with late fees was non-customer friendly. It appears you have found another way to gauge people even though I paid the premium price for the rental.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/29/2009 10:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BLOCK-BUSTER-VIDEO/Winnipeg-Manitoba-/BLOCK-BUSTER-VIDEO-indicated-that-the-movie-rental-had-been-sold-to-my-account-after-I-pa-516801. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.