Complaint Review: Beau James Pomeranians

• Updated: Mon, January 20, 2014

• Reported By: trecz — Akron Ohio
Beau James Pomeranians
Caledonia, Ohio USA

Beau James Pomeranians Cynthia Wallen Deceit, dissapointment, total rip-off Caledonia Ohio

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: This report is a total falsehood.

My experience with Cynthia Wallen was both strange and disturbing. This woman is a cheat and cannot be trusted. I wish I would have written this report a long time ago. I have kept all documentation regarding our interactions from emails. And vet receipts.

I purchased a female puppy from her that was supposed to be show quality for $2,000. She made me wait at her home for 3 hours before she arrived home. Then it took her another 2 hours to present the puppy. Within 3 weeks of having the dog, both of it's patellas were luxating. When contacting her she said it was my fault. I explained that this was not possible because I lived in a ranch home with no steps, and the puppy didn't jump. I wasn't my fault. I also had documented testimony and x-rays from several vets that this was an extreme birth defect that she was born with. Her legs were actually twisted. I paid $2,000 for her to have surgery.

I wanted compensation for a puppy that was not show quality. Then I spent the next six months trying to get any response from Wallen via email or phone call. Finally, she agreed to give me a new puppy. She presented me with a very small(too small) female puppy. I excepted feeling defeated. This puppy seemed too small and a little out of it. Felt like I was kind of rescuing the puppy. Wallen told me she would have to mail me the AKC papers.

Guess what, she never mailed the papers. The puppy had the same knee problem. She also had black skin disease. Got ovarian cancer. Unshowable. Unbreedable. I was devistated . I love my poms and this whole thing spoiled my dreams of showing poms. I showed the second puppy for fun before her fur fell out. This woman should not be allowed to do this to people.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/20/2014 09:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Beau-James-Pomeranians/Caledonia-Ohio/Beau-James-Pomeranians-Cynthia-Wallen-Deceit-dissapointment-total-rip-off-Caledonia-Ohi-1117127. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Beau James Pomeranians

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

This report is a total falsehood.

AUTHOR: Beau James pomeranians - (USA)

ANY ONE can post ANYTHING to Ripoff Reports.  I could find no record of any transaction such as described by this person.  Show prosect puppies cannot be guaranteed to be show worthy as adults.  And I could find no evidence of a show prospect sale such as this person described.  Patellas cannot be guaranteed in most toy breeds due to their small size and delicate structure-even a small slip, jumping  or accident can tear a tendon and cause lameness. Statisitcs state that 95% of all toy breed dogs have some degree of patellar luxation.  Beau James Pomeranians have been known for soundness for many years.  The #1 American Pomeranian Club Agility Pom for 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 is bred by Beau James Pomeranians, and our dogs represented currently are 3 of the top 10 ranked Agility Poms in the USA. Many customers have exhibited in Agility with our dogs, and that takes a very sound line of Poms to withstand the wear and tear of Agility.

We are also known in the fancy to have worked against breeding Black Skin Disease (also called Alopecia X) although the incidence of this condition has risen dramatically in the breed, Beau James Pomeranians has only known of 2 reported to the breeder-incidences of BSD or Alopecia X in the last 47 years of our time in this breed.  We do offer a replacement warranty for  any show prospect puppy that does present with confirmed BSD or Alopecia X.  The puppies placed as pets are not covered under this warranty-and are never sold with Full AKC registration. We place very few breeding prospect puppies, and those are handled under the general warranty, which does not warranty against BSD, although a discount applied to another puppy can be offered on a case by case basis if such an incident ever occurs. We have a complete written health evaluation done on each puppy by our vet who is an orthopedic specialist, and all life systems are fully documented in this report.  We go above and beyond to ensure our puppies are healthy and placed in appropriate homes.  Our contract clearly states the warranty and the conditions surrounding said warranty. To warranty everything concerning a puppy is just not possible and not at all what is usual and customary in the canine fancy.