Complaint Review: Blanchard and Company

• Updated: Sat, August 25, 2012

• Reported By: Jeffrey — Mount Laurel New Jersey United States of America
Blanchard and Company
909 Poydras Street New Orleand, Louisiana United States of America

Blanchard and Company Beware to the inexperienced buyer... New Orleand, Louisiana

I purchased ten silver dollar coins from Blancard a year and a half ago. I used money awarded to me at work for an exceptional job. I asked one of the representatives for a safe investment of approximately $2400.00. He highly recommended 5 Morgan and 5 Peace coins. He charged me $2400.00 and a held onto the coins. At the time of the purchase silver was trading high. I was not told this And shortly thereafter. As the Blanchard rep indicated, there was a huge correction and their value tanked.

I called Blanchard to see what they could do for me. Like many of us money is tight and needed to help my mom with her finances. They did not even offer me half the price I paid. I went to three very reputable coin dealers and was told these coins were never worth what I paid to Blanchard. Blanchard never offered any assistance and they claimed that I bought the coins when silver was uncommonly too high. I ended up selling the coins for $960. Safe investment my eye. Blanchard saw me coming and I was naive enough to trust them.

Don't let this happen to you. I will update and let you know if they did anything to make this right. Don't hold your breath.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/25/2012 08:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Blanchard-and-Company/New-Orleand-Louisiana-70112/Blanchard-and-Company-Beware-to-the-inexperienced-buyer-New-Orleand-Louisiana-932404. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Blanchard and Company