Complaint Review: Boca Beauty Academy LLC

• Updated: Mon, February 27, 2012

• Reported By: M. Scopel — Weston Florida United States of America
Boca Beauty Academy LLC
7820 Glades Road, Suite 175 Boca Raton, Florida United States of America

Boca Beauty Academy LLC Paid infull for Electrolysis/Laser Course....LASER COURSE WAS NEVER PROVIDED...GOT THE RUN AROUND AS TO WHEN THE COURSE WOULD EVER BE PROVIDED...CONTACTED A LAWYER AND WAS TOLD BY BOCA BEAUTY I WOULD Boca Raton, Florida

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: NOT RESOLVED!

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Student Loves Us Again

*Author of original report: Resolved

I enrolled in Boca Raton Beauty School in August 2009 for the 2 courses....Electrolysis and Laser Hair Removal.  Spoke with Kysten Zeisig and she indicated that I would be completed with the 2 courses by the 2nd week of December 2010.  November 11 rolled around and I spoke with Chris Barry (Director of Admissions) as to when the Laser course would start....let me check and he pulled something up in his computer...oh, I don't have an assigned date??? Let me speak with your instructor and get back to you???  1 week later I spoke with my instructor and she indicated that I needed to speak to Chris....for  the next couple of weeks I would run into Chris and would ask the same question and his response "I will back to you!!!" NOTHING!!! I attempted to speak with Jessy Knight another admissions employee....he was going to get back to me too!! I finished by Electrolysis course and one more attempt spoke with Christine Gates...I will get back to you???  NOTHING!!!!
After further looking into the situation.....THEY WAIT UNTIL THEY HAVE ENOUGH STUDENTS AND THEN BOOK THE CLASS....THEY HAD A PENDING LAW SUIT REGARDING THE LAST LASER CLASS-INVOLVING AN INSTUCTOR PREFORMING A PROCEEDURE STRICKLY FOR AN MD....Do I really want to use the same school to get my training for laser?????

My time was running out since I paid for an exam on Janurary 24 and needed the laser course training to write the exam....I found another school.

Off I went to lawyer....She took my statement and prepared a letter to Boca Beauty to be refunded for the laser course ONLY.  Amount of the refund equalled what I paid for the new school.

Jack Bragin owner of Boca Raton Beauty responded to my lawyer with the following  statement:
-We wait just before exam time to hold the class and I was being impaitent. Impaitent I was asking since November!!! Exam time was January 24....Next exam is April 4...NO LASER CLASS HAS BEEN TAUGHT WITHIN THESE 2 DATES!!! Now I keep in contact with other students and instructors....THEY CONFIRMED THAT NO CLASS HAS BEEN TAUGHT AS OF TODAY!!! My lawyer asked Mr. Bragin when the class will ever be taught....His response: we had a class in early February....NOT TRUE this is not even close to exam time dates AND comfirmed untrue by a student awaiting the same class!!!...My lawyer asked if I was notified as to the class in February....NO RESPONSE from Mr. Bragin!!!

DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON THE COURSE READING MATERIALS PROVIDED!!! We where given a text book by the instructor....just put it under your bed...you DO NOT need to read it!!! As a result I needed to buy other reading materials for the class and later found out that information taught in class was incorrect!!!

This website is my next step in search of my refund. I will be writing to the Board of Education also and filing a claim in small claims court.

If you are insearch of a school for Electrolysis/Laser use:
Medical and Aesthetic Institute in Miami.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/29/2011 05:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Boca-Beauty-Academy-LLC/Boca-Raton-Florida-33434/Boca-Beauty-Academy-LLC-Paid-infull-for-ElectrolysisLaser-CourseLASER-COURSE-WAS-NEV-711356. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Boca Beauty Academy LLC

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

NOT RESOLVED!

AUTHOR: VIOLATED! - (United States of America)

I am still not happy with this school! They never compinsated me! They acted as they were me to claim this has been cleared up, but they have not!!!! SCAMMERS!!! UGH!!!

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Student Loves Us Again

AUTHOR: Integrity is our #1 Priority - (USA)

After meeting with the student/representatives- I was able to personally clarify any miscommunications.

We were able to rectify all outstanding issues and I am very happy to report our student was fully satisfied with the outcome.

As you can see - it now indicates that the Author has indicated the concerns have been resolved to her satisfaction. This is always our goal at Boca Beauty Acadmy- where the success and happiness of my studetns and graduates is my very top priority!!

Resolved

AUTHOR: M. Scopel - (USA)

This complaint has been appropiately resolved by myself and Boca Beauty Academy on May 12, 2011.