Complaint Review: Bonneville Collection Agency

• Updated: Fri, February 14, 2014

• Reported By: BlueDutchess — Seattle Washington
Bonneville Collection Agency
Boise, Idaho USA

Bonneville Collection Agency These people will cause you to be living in your car ! Boise Idaho

*General Comment: collections laws

*Author of original report: I'm Sure

*Consumer Comment: You are completely wrong in your assumption...

What the man said above me is almost word for word what has happened to us .

We owed an electric bill from another state and had been paying on it weekly when they also decided we were not paying fast enough . First time in my LIFE Ive ever been served a summons to appear in court over an electric bill I'd been paying weekly on .

Of course I lost. I dont have any money . I dont enjoy owing people or not being able to pay my bills.

I told them the best I could do was 50.00 a week on an 800.00 past due .

SO .. times goes by I hear nothing then suddenly they garnished my checking and savings account . Something about this is illegal or skirts right by it . I thought the 50.00 was going to be OK they did not say it wouldn't be. I now have no money at all . 0, zip , nothing . and I still owe them more because what they attempted to garnish I didnt even have . I cannot go another week with no money .

This is how people become homeless. We have faced a reduction of hours at work and a sudden one month layoff DURING This .

I had NO idea they could or would garnish anything . Arent we supposed to be notified of anything???

They WILL send your payments back like the other person stated . Then Garnish the h*** out of you when you least expect it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/14/2014 10:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bonneville-Collection-Agency/Boise-Idaho/Bonneville-Collection-Agency-These-people-will-cause-you-to-be-living-in-your-car-Boise-1123554. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bonneville Collection Agency

#1 General Comment

collections laws

AUTHOR: jaded4ever - (USA)

The respondent is not telling you the truth. First a foremost, if you were making payments of any amount the collections agency in refusing said payment make the debt void. Unless you've sign an agreement. Also, any debt that a collection agency buys( for pennies on the dollar), should be researched for proper ownership. There are too many to count that don't even own the debt at all. File a complaint with the consumer protection agency. I don't believe it legal to wipe out your entire accounts. You need bills of sale for the debt. They already had a lot of people in Idaho paying for debts that theses collections agencies don't have bills of sales for. I know it happened to me. I went to count, some of our judge aren't even vetted properly, they aren't qualified to be involved in judicial matters in the least.

I'm Sure

AUTHOR: BlueDutchess - ()

You are really sorry , thanks for your concern, did you not read Id been paying this off the best I could ??

You are completely wrong in your assumption...

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

".. then suddenly they garnished my checking and savings account . Something about this is illegal or skirts right by it."

Garnishment is one of the collection tools allowed by law on unpaid accounts.  They don't notify you, as you would probably withdraw all funds from your accounts to stop them. BTW, the collection agency is not the one responsible for "people living homeless in their cars" the debtor, you, is responsible. Sorry for your hardship, but they have a right to collect by numerous means.  It IS their money.