Complaint Review: Bravofly

• Submitted: Fri, April 18, 2014
  • Updated: Thu, June 26, 2014

• Reported By: Michelle Gerber — Ambelakia Other
Bravofly
Corso San Gottardo 30 - 6830 Chiasso, CH (reg. no. Chiasso, Select State/Province Switzerland

Bravofly False advertising and online thievery. Chiasso Chiasso

*UPDATE Employee: Your Bravofly Booking

I recently bought three tickets through Bravofly, a budget airline.My booking went through but two hours later I get an e-mail that informed me that my booking was cancelled but the money in my bank account would be frozen for up to 10 days.Their helpline is very expensive, 6/hour and they are rude and unhelpful.The next day a friend of mine offered to help me and buy the tickets for me with her credit card and exactly the same thing happened to her.  That means that this company is advertising a service that they cannot offer and then 'freezing' funds that does not belong to them.I am furious, it has been 5 days and still no answer.  Ticketprices are going up as we speak and I might not be able to go after all.  I saved up for 5 months for this money and I haven't seen my family in over three years, this trip was something that I have been dreaming about for ages.  Surely what this company has done must be illegal.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/18/2014 08:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bravofly/Chiasso-Select-StateProvince/Bravofly-False-advertising-and-online-thievery-Chiasso-Chiasso-1139876. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bravofly

Your Bravofly Booking

AUTHOR: Sofia Bravofly - ()

Dear Michelle,

We are sorry that we were unable to confirm your booking and you had cause to complain regarding the frozen funds.

I would like to take this opportunity to explain why there may be a transaction pending on your card - when taking payment from customers, we use a secure standard procedure called temporary credit limit where the amount the customer should pay upon booking is simply 'frozen' and not withdrawn from the customer's available funds. It is a system aimed at protecting the customer's funds where technically no charge is made to your credit card until your booking is confirmed, therefore it doesn’t have any effect on your interest or clearing period.

The credit should be returned according to your bank's timings, but in some cases we are able to intervene and help speed up the process by contacting your bank directly. We contacted you regarding this - should you still be having such problems please reply to our email.

Many thanks, Sofia