Complaint Review: Brother International Corporation

• Submitted: Wed, August 03, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, August 03, 2011

• Reported By: William — Lansing Michigan U.S.A.
Brother International Corporation
Nationwide United States of America

Brother International Corporation Ignores Customers and Gives Them the Run Around When their Defective Machines Break Lansing, Nationwide

I have had nothing but problems with my Brother MFC-9840CDW printer every since I bought it about two years ago.  I have been fighting with Brother since that time on it.  When I try to make a copy, it often will not let me because it thinks it's receiving a fax even though there has never been a phone line hooked up to it.  I have to turn it off and back
on and quickly make copies before it thinks a fax is coming in again.
This has been going on the full two years.  The fax settings are on manual receive so this shouldn't even be an issue.  I tried to go into the fax settings again though last weekend, but it just beeps at me if I try.  I faxed Brother a year ago about it, but they completely ignored my fax.

Starting last weekend, I also cannot print or make a copy at all.  It will just beep at me.

I also complained to Brother tech support about the unit printing 3 dots along every page.  The agent said he would contact me again the next day but he never did.  I tried calling Brother back on the weekend but their tech support team that the team that covers my unit isn't available on the weekends.

I finally e-mailed Brother and demanded either a refund or a unit replacement.  A rep from Brother called me.  I called him back two different days and left a voice mail each time.  On the last voice mail, I told him to e-mail me instructions to swap this unit out for a new unit.  Today, on 8/2, Joe e-mailed me, but did not include any instructions on exchanging the unit.  Joe claimed that I have not replied to his messages.  That is false.  I called him back and left him voice mails
twice.  I am not sure why he is lying about that.  I replied back to him with what time I am available for him to call me, but the e-mail bounced!  I forwarded the e-mail to Brother customer service at custsrv@brother.com, but that bounced

I also had to fight with Brother for weeks to get them to send me a Windows 7 installation CD.  I dont understand all the hassle for such a small issue.

Brother had the nerve to e-mail me again today saying that I needed to cooperate with them and call the rep back whos been leaving me messages.  I have been calling him back!

Since it is impossible to get a hold of Brother and since this has been going on for two years, Brother needs to just send me a $570 refund.  I no longer want a replacement.  I'll buy an HP printer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/03/2011 02:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Brother-International-Corporation/nationwide/Brother-International-Corporation-Ignores-Customers-and-Gives-Them-the-Run-Around-When-th-760439. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Brother International Corporation