Complaint Review: Brown College

• Updated: Fri, September 03, 2010

• Reported By: JustaNormalGuy — Mounds View Minnesota United States of America
Brown College
6860 Shingle Creek Parkway Brooklyn Park, Minnesota United States of America

Brown College School is located in a rented office space, tuition over $20K for only 1 year Brooklyn Park, Minnesota

When I first decided to go to Brown College I was only 20 years old.  Now, being 24 I have come to find that I was ripped off by this school and deeply regret ever enrolling.

First, the school assistance in getting me a loan was quick and easy which thinking back on it was only good for Brown. I recieved no grants from the state as my parents made too much money at the time but my parents are not the ones who are paying on the loan, I am.  I am very upset that the school didn't even try to help me in finding the best possible loan service with the lowest possible interest rate, instead they went to Sallie Mae which is another story.

Secondly, they charged me $2000 dollars (ontop of the $20,000 for tution) for a laptop that was maybe worth $1000 at the time instead of renting me one.

Thirdly, The Brooklyn Center location is a joke.  It is an office space rented out next to another company with almost no resources to help educate anyone.  When I had visited the Mendota Heights location I was surprised to find that they had limitless resources such as top of the line scanners, printers, desks, library & an office full of what looked like qualified staff that may have actually been able to help me find a loan that wouldn't bite me in the ass later.  This Mendota Heights location had everything in contrast to the Brooklyn Center location but the cost was the same, I can only ask why?

I feel that this has set me back for years to come with nothing to show for other than a couple credits which transferred luckily to my next school.  Is there anything I can do to reduce my payments and take back my life?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/03/2010 08:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Brown-College/Brooklyn-Park-Minnesota-55430/Brown-College-School-is-located-in-a-rented-office-space-tuition-over-20K-for-only-1-ye-637281. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Brown College