Complaint Review: Budget Savers

• Updated: Tue, March 26, 2013

• Reported By: Pam — Loves Park Illinois
Budget Savers

Budget Savers FOR FUN Tag Away Partner/Third Party Scam Internet

I recently made an online purchase for Tag Away. Two days later I was contacted by phone supposedly by Tag Away to confirm my shipping address. I was then transferred to someone to verify my card information for the purchase. I then found out they were only trying to sell me something from another company and that I would be charged an introductory fee of $1.00 and had 14 days to cancel by phone after receiving something in the mail from them or else be charged a monthly fee. They didn't tell me this until after I verified my card info.

They talked so fast I was unable to get the company name and phone number. They continued on with their fast-talk trying to get me to keep repeating my card info, which I refused to do again. I told them whatever they were selling I wasn't interested and not to send me anything. I received the Tag Away but nothing else and no way to cancel the BS order. Monitoring my bank acct. online I saw a charge for $1.00 a few days later and an international fee of $0.03, so they were calling from somewhere outside the U.S.

The scam phone calls continued for several days, always asking for a repeat of my card info, which luckily I never gave out again and just hung up on them with a few choice words of my own. After researching online about Tag Away and their scams I followed the trail to this site, where I got the Budget Savers phone number. I called them. They immediately asked me to spell my last name and all of my info came up. I told them to cancell my membership and they promised to refund me my dollar and immediately cut me off when I tried to tell them what happened, so don't waste your breath. Just call this number: 1-800-475-1942 to cancel your membership if you got stung like I did. No matter what phony company name they gave you, I'm sure all your info will be with them. The charge on my acct. showed up as "FOR FUN". i'll probably never see my dollar back but lessoned learned.

If you did get stuck with more charges or are unable to reach this con company, please report your card as lost or stolen ASAP, otherwise the charges will continue. I haven't tried Tag Away yet and will probably return it because I am so damn disgusted with their business practices. The only thing they did include in the box was a Harriet Carter magazine, where you can order Tag Away for 1/2 the price by getting just one bottle. The TV and online ads forces you to order 2 bottles, claiming the second one was free. Yeah, right.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/26/2013 05:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Budget-Savers/internet/Budget-Savers-FOR-FUN-Tag-Away-PartnerThird-Party-Scam-Internet-1038010. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Budget Savers