Complaint Review: Bulldog Law Group Firm

475 Montauk Highway West Islip, New York United States of America
  • Phone: (631) 587-9400
  • Web:
  • Category:

Bulldog Law Group Firm First American Loan Modification Changes names overcharged Promised full refund Overcharged West Islip, New York

*Consumer Suggestion: File a grievance

They keep changing names and lawyers so I don't know what to do. They have been three different lawyedrs so I don't know what s happening

My husband and I were trying to get a mortgage modification loan. We sent $275.00 for the first filing fee. We were told up front that we were great candidates for this type of loan because our mortgage payments were so much more than the worth of our house. After a few weeks they quoted an even better mortgage reduction with an even lower interest rate but needed another $275.00 to refile and still reashured us that if for some reason we didn't get the modification loan that 100% of the money would be returned.

After another few weeks they said that they turned us down and was so appoligetic and again reasured us that with a few weeks we not only would receive a full refund, but also an explanation why we wouldn't get the loan.

I started calling The Bull Dog Group Lawfirm and got the same recording from Tom Carter (if that is really his name) saying to leave a message and phone number a they would return my call as soon as possible.

I call twice a day and left a message and have a record of all my calls. I don't know what else to do.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/04/2012 03:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bulldog-Law-Group-Firm/West-Islip-New-York-11795/Bulldog-Law-Group-Firm-First-American-Loan-Modification-Changes-names-overcharged-Promised-978000. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bulldog Law Group Firm

#1 Consumer Suggestion

File a grievance

AUTHOR: Honest Lawyer - ()

This firm appears to advertise in violation of New York ethical rules and may have an illegal fee sharing agreement with another LLC.  If you file a grievance and they are then they may get into a heap of trouble.  Here is the contact info for the grievance committee and the form to use.

Grievance Committee for the Tenth Judicial District