Complaint Review: CCL Logistics--Canada

• Updated: Fri, May 17, 2013

• Reported By: grapesoda212 — Minden Nevada
CCL Logistics--Canada
Toronto, Ontario Canada

CCL Logistics--Canada and Nathalie Powell They basically make you feel like this is a smart decision. Toronto Ontario

*UPDATE Employee: Consolidated Carriers Ltd not affiliated with CCL Logistics Canada

I found a posting on Craigslist for a really great deal: iPad 2, 64 GB, WIFI+3G, white for only $200. Well its true what they say, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. I wish this wouldn't have to happen, especially considering I dont just have $200 to spend willy nillly. Oh well, what happens happens.

But thats why I'm writing this. I dont want others to fall victim. Unfortunately, I sent the money, but you shouldnt!!

It starts out like this: the seller (in my case it was Nathalie Powell) tells you she has moved to Canada recently so she'll need to do it internationally. You'll also know something's up when she sends you pictures of the iPad box but has the serial numbers crossed out. I, unfortunately, didnt get the memo that this was a warning sign.

Then she'll send you a link to a website called CCL Logistics. I did research on this company and it seems fine, well trusted. Thats because CCL Logistics is an actual company based in the UK. This link she sent me, however, was to a CCL Logistics website for Canada. Which is the scam website. But the procedure sounded pretty solid so I proceded. All in all, I made the payment before I found the warning signs, even though I did some research. I guess it just wasnt enough.

It is a major bummer, but maybe this will help someone else in the future. Please be aware when buying things online, I know I will be more so.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/17/2013 10:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CCL-Logistics-Canada/Toronto-Ontario/CCL-Logistics-Canada-and-Nathalie-Powell-They-basically-make-you-feel-like-this-is-a-sma-1051862. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CCL Logistics--Canada

Consolidated Carriers Ltd not affiliated with CCL Logistics Canada

AUTHOR: Consolidated Carriers Ltd - ()

Dear internet users, many thanks for posting your experiences online. I am emailing from Consolidated Carriers Ltd (CCL). We are a logistics company based in Scotland in the UK and have no affiliations with companies in the USA or Canada, and no branches over there. I believe you've been involved in a scam which has been set up using our company name and logo by individuals in Canada, calling themselves CCL Logistics Toronto/Canada. Items were posted on Craigslist for sale and buyers were asked to transfer money through Western Union, making shipping enquiries through fraudulent websites using part of our company domain. We do not hold goods or money and have no affiliations with these individuals.

We would suggest that you contact the relevant authorities with your experience - we have done the same both in the UK and in Canada, following reports from other internet users. We are confident that these sites have now been closed down.

We do hope you retrieve your money soon – we would also suggest that you contact your bank about the fraudulent transaction.

Many thanks for your assistance and for posting your experience online, we very much appreciate your help.

Best regards from Scotland,