Complaint Review: CDL TEST TRUCK

• Updated: Fri, December 07, 2012

• Reported By: Joe — Salt Lake City Utah United States of America
CDL TEST TRUCK
801 SANDY CREEK DR ALLEN, Texas United States of America

CDL TEST TRUCK CDL TEST TRUCK aka CDL Services, Inc aka Billy Bedford, Edwin William Bedford, Edwin Bedford This company uses Classic Bait and Switch techniques to defraud you of your hard earned dollars. ALLEN, Texas

*Consumer Comment: Not a hoax or scam

*Author of original report: Oh Really?? You want to Throw Away $400 Bucks??

*Author of original report: Jennifer take ur fake t*** somewhere else

*Consumer Comment: Great Experience

*Consumer Comment: Excellent Service!

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: He's a criminal

*Consumer Comment: Common sense

*Author of original report: Everything here is correct

*Author of original report: here is the Snake...don't trust him

*Author of original report: other logos used by so-called company

*Author of original report: Additional company logos

*Author of original report: He also goes by Eddie Bedford.

This company uses Classic Bait and Switch techniques to defraud you of your hard earned dollars. Like dad used to say, if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is! They reel you in with their $250 low price, and then attempt to add fees galore. They will attempt to reschedule you every chance they get so they can charge you a $150 reschedule fee. They never answer the phone, and never listen to your voicemail. They also expect you to tip them on the day of your road test! Don't take my word for it, here's their Truck Agreement and an e-mail from them, word for word:

""Truck Rental Contract Agreement / The Terms & Conditions To Drive The CDL Class A Road Test
1) X ____ I understand showing up (1) one minute late to practice driving the road test on our scheduled date & time, or not showing up, will result in a $150 reschedule fee. I understand that I am not the only one training on my scheduled day to drive & by showing up (1) minute late will not give me the appropriate time to train due to a certain amount of time is allowed for each driver practicing the road test that morning. [continued below]....
..... I understand that I must arrive 15 minutes early before my scheduled time to practice. I understand that CDLs insurance will not allow me to drive the road test until I have been evaluated behind the wheel of the truck by CDLs instructor as to being safe to the public, them self & the DPS examiner. I agree the $150 reschedule fee must be paid in cash within 72 hours or CDLs services will be cancelled. I agree to not be late & I agree to arrive 15 minutes early. (NO EXCEPTIONS)
2) X ____ I understand that black striping/marking the tractor drive tires or trailer tires from forgetting to release the yellow or red brake valve will result in a fee of $100 per tire striped/marked on the ground. This includes holding the brake in & releasing the clutch spinning the tires. Tire damage fee(s) will be paid within 72 hours of the damage or CDLs service will be cancelled.
3) X ____ I agree to obey all traffic rules of the State of Texas. I agree that failing the road test from breaking a State of Texas law (examples: speeding, reckless driving, running a red light, running a stop sign, impeding traffic, failure to yield, no seatbelt etc. or any traffic law) will not be tolerated & will result in a $150 reschedule fee that must be paid in cash within 72 hours of the same day the law is broken. I further agree that failure to pay the $150 reschedule fee within 72 hours of the date the violation occurred will cancel all CDLs services. $150 reschedule fee must be paid in cash! (NO EXCEPTIONS)
4) X ____ I agree to not run into a curb or back over a curb as it may cause extensive damage to the truck & trailer as well as an expense to the city. If I fail the road test due to running into a curb or backing over a curb I agree to pay a $100 reschedule fee which I agree to pay within 72 hours of failing. Failure to pay within 72 hours will cancel all CDL services. (NO EXCEPTIONS)
5) X ____ I agree that damage caused by an accident to CDL Services truck or any other vehicle or property will be my responsibility. I agree to accept full responsibility and my personal auto insurance or myself pay cash for any and all damage caused by my judgment in driving leaving the CDL Services not held liable. I agree to obey all traffic rules of the State of Texas.
6) X ____ I understand that failure to complete the written & road test within 60 days from the original receipt date on the receipt I will be given (1) one opportunity to pay a $150 extension fee to continue for another 15 days, or $200 for another 30 days or $225 will extend my time for 60 days. The extension will begin the day after the expiration date on the original receipt. Payments for extensions must be received before the contract expiration date. No extensions will be given after the contract date expires.
7) X ____ I agree that my failure to memorize or pass the air brake test with the DPS examiner will result in a $100 reschedule fee. (IT IS MANDITORY TO MEMORIZE THE AIR BRAKE TEST ASAP AFTER COMPLETING WRITTEN TESTS!!!)
X ____I understand that the truck rental does not include fuel. There is a $60 fuel fee on each road test, including retakes. I will bring $60 in cash for fuel on the date of the road test. Current fuel prices may increase the fuel fee price.
9) X ____ Unlimited retakes include not paying the rental fee of $250 should you fail the road test for accumulative points. You will have unlimited times to pass the road test without paying $250 for the rental, however there will be a $60 charge for fuel on each retake. I will bring $60 cash on the day of the road test. There will be an $80 fee to re-practice the road test with our examiner.
10) X ____ I understand that scheduling a road test without having COMPLETED all 5 written tests will result in a $200 inconvenience fee for wasting our time & fuel coming to the DMV to do a road test when your paperwork hasnt been completed. I understand it is my responsibility to make sure the driver license office I take my written tests at enters all of my test scores at the time of passing each test & that the DMV clerk advances my paperwork in their computer from completed all written tests to now being able to drive the road test. (NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE)
11) X ____ I understand that if the CDL Services instructor deems me unsafe & needing more practice driving before trying to perform a road test that I will have to come out several times until I am deemed safe enough to control the vehicle. I understand there will be a $80 use of truck & $60 fuel fee totaling $140 each time I come to practice. (NO PRACTICE - NO TEST - NO EXCEPTIONS)
12) X ____ I agree should I fail the road test for any one of the agreements of #2, #3, #4 above that it will be mandatory that I will have to come re-practice the road test before driving with the examiner. The fee for re-practicing is $80 plus a $60 fuel fee totaling $140.
13) X ____ I understand I will have to reschedule my road test due to bad weather such as rain, lightening, sleet or snow that I will not be allowed to drive on my scheduled road test date due to safety to myself, the public, DPS examiner & equipment.
14) X ____ I agree when I schedule my road test I will notify CDL immediately by email. I agree that my failure to notify CDL by email 72 hours before my scheduled road test will result in not being allowed to drive on the date I scheduled. (NO EXCEPTIONS)
I, _______________________________________________ , have read, initialed by all lines & agree to all of the terms & conditions above.
(Your Signature Agreeing To The Above Contract/Agreement)
Name:_____________________________________________ ____ Address:__________________________________________ ________
City:____________________________ State:______ Zip Code:____________ Phone: (______) ______-_________
TXDL#___________________________ DOB:____/____/19___ Social Security # _______ /____/_______
?SPECIAL NOTE: PLEASE PRINT THIS FORM IMMEDIATELY, DATE IT, INITIAL BY ALL XS, SIGN & FILL OUT. EMAIL BACK TO SALES@CDLTESTTRUCK.COM OR FAX TO 214-383-5600, 469-835-4126 ?IMPORTANT: IF WE DO NOT HAVE THIS FORM IN YOUR FILE THE DAY BEFORE YOUR SCHEDULED ROAD TEST DATE, THEN DUE TO OUR INSURANCE REQUIREMENTS YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO DRIVE & YOU WILL OWE A $150 RESCHEDULE FEE. FORMS BROUGHT THE MORNING OF YOUR SCHEDULED DRIVE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. (THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS!) PLEASE SEND THIS FORM BACK ASAP!!!""

E-mail from CDL Test Truck aka CDL Services:

""SPECIAL NOTE ON SUCCESSFULLY PASSING THE ROAD TEST THE FIRST TIME >>> We are only here to rent trucks & not to train you on how to drive. We are not a school. However, tipping your instructor when you arrive to begin practicing, on the day of your road test, isn't necessary but much appreciated. You can pay tips along your fuel fee when you first get into the truck. With tips our instructors will work harder to make sure you have the best advice & knowledge to confidently pass the road test especially with the backing & parallel parking through their observation & suggestions. Again, we rent trucks & are not a school however tipping our instructor's for advice on your driving skills & how to successfully pass the road test, especially the backing / parallel park, so you won't have to come back again is far worth more than the simple rental fee of a truck. Our instructors have extremely close relationships with the DPS examiners who will be administering your road test. Tips are generally based on a minimum of 20% of the cost of the rental (Example ... $250 truck rental X 20% = $50 minimum & have been offered up to as high as $500). Rule of thumb, the higher the tip the more the instructor can & will do to help to insure your success on the road course the first time out. Again, tips aren't expected but much appreciated to insure your success getting you CDL license the first time out. If you have to come back a second time it will cost you far more than a healthy tip with fuel, hotel, time off & most of all waiting weeks to get back in to take your driving test again. Again, tips aren't expected but much appreciated. Again, should you decide to tip please give your tip in cash to our instructor when you first enter the truck before practicing the road test early in the morning.""

Tipping to get your CDL?? Are they joking?? Stay away from this company at all costs!! It's a SCAM.

AND THERE'S MORE:

After more research, I discovered this con-man's real name: Edwin William Bedford. He's a one man show, and goes by the name Billy Bedford. He used to run a moving truck business named Major League Moving and D Moving. He's been sued many times, and changes his business name on a regular basis. And no surprise, he now retains an attorney at $20k per year. When you're in the business of screwing people over, you need good defense! Look him up on Ripoff Report: "Edwin Bedford." You'll find three ripoff reports. Here's another website to prove how corrupt Mr. Bedford is (read the comments):

Here's how CDL TEST TRUCK reels you in: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvGNH_IPko4
Do those puppies got your attention? Don't take the "Bait"!!!

Stay away from this con-artist at all costs!!! He'll take your money and run!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/07/2012 08:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CDL-TEST-TRUCK/ALLEN-Texas-75002/CDL-TEST-TRUCK-CDL-TEST-TRUCK-aka-CDL-Services-Inc-aka-Billy-Bedford-Edwin-William-Bedfo-979332. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CDL TEST TRUCK

Not a hoax or scam

AUTHOR: Anna - (USA)

I passed my written exams on Friday (5/8), called Jennifer. She was very professional and explained their services in detail. She set me up for a road test on Tuesday (5/12). I sent the money then saw the reviews on here. I'm not going to lie, you guys scared me with what y'all wrote. I figured what the hell, I might as well go see what this is about cause I already paid. I got there and it was nothing like what was being said about them. Billy walked us (10 renters including me) through everything we needed to know for our test. There was a person there that had failed the previous week. I truly believe if CDL TEST TRUCKS were a scam, I don't think that person would have returned to re-test. Here's what I believe happened to the people that have bad mouthed this business. They didn't drive right (hit a curb, run a stop light, or whatever the reason) and failed their test. They didn't want to take responsibility for their action, so they needed a scape goat. I don't understand how someone can call them "bait n hook", when you call Jennifer explains everything to you. One thing is for sure, Billy or Jennifer didn't make to laws you have to follow. They are just providing you with a service. The DPS officer is the one who grades you not Billy or Jennifer. If you want to get your CDL, you need to learn the laws and know a little something about driving a big truck before you decide to go up there, fail and then blame them for your failure. By the way, I'm a female, I passed my road test on Tuesday, and I start my job on Sunday. Thank you so much Jennifer and Billy for providing me with your service. It was well worth the money and the drive from Hermleigh TX.

Oh Really?? You want to Throw Away $400 Bucks??

AUTHOR: Sean - ()

If you want to THROW-AWAY $400+ bucks, be my guest. This review isn't the only one Speaking-The-Truth about Edwin Bedford. Aka Billy Bedford. Aka Eddie Bedford. Aka "Doctor Bedford." Aka Captain for the Fort Worth Fire Dept Bedford! I mean, don't take my word for it, GOOGLE "Edwin Bedford" and ALL those other aliases above. Also, search RipOff Report for those same aliases.

You shall discover What I Have Learned the Hard Way. Use your own wisdom when dealing with Billy OR Anything Else that seems too good to be true. Because, as we all know, if it Seems Too Good to Be True, IT USUALLY IS!!

There's no need for me to say anything else. Do your own Research. You shall discover Billy's Bad News...

(Anonymous)

Jennifer take ur fake t*** somewhere else

AUTHOR: Sean - ()

This is a fake rebuttal by jennifer, billy the scammer's wife. Any positive review of this sham operation is false. See their contract above? That's their contract word-for-word. Call their advertised number and you shall never, i repeat never, get a live person to answer. It's just billy, his son, and that balloon-chested woman jennifer.  Please don't get scammed by Cdl Rental Trucks aka Cdl Test Trucks Or whatever they call themselves these days! They've ripped-off so many people, they have to keep changing their name. Time for a new business; we are on to you billy the coward and wannabee. Ur a chicken s*** and liar.

Great Experience

AUTHOR: FracDaddy78 - ()

I don't understand all the negative reports on here.  My friend and I have BOTH used CDL Test Truck and we both have CDL class License's now.  This is a REAL rebuttal.  There are pro's and con's of using this place, HOWEVER, this is a TRUCK RENTAL.  Billy offers lots of suggestions on how to pass the Road Test and if you PAY ATTENTION you will PASS! It's not a scam, you drive around with 10 people in the truck (you may exit between drivers if you wish) so you can see everyone go through the course.  You get to watch people make mistakes and if you take mental notes and listen to what he is saying, it WILL HELP YOU! Of course it sucks having to practice for five hours in the middle of the night and then going to the DMV and waiting! You have to understand he is letting you rent a truck and doesn't have to give you insight.  The truth is Billy knows the Examiners personally and thus they are extremely lienant on the test.  You go over the air break test and over parking.  However, you do not get to practice parking.  The thing is the parking is the EASIEST part of the test.  Everyone passed out of the Ten of us.  Scores ranged from low 80's to 98.  It's not as easy as it sounds, but as long as you dont do anything RETARDED, like pull out in front of traffic or run over the curb you will be fine.  Well worth the 390 bucks.

James

Excellent Service!

AUTHOR: LDean - ()

I am the Vice President of a company that I contacted the aforementioned company (cdltesttruck.com) about getting a couple of our guys qualified for their CDL license. I spoke with Jennifer, and she was very professional and informative. She told me the many ways they help someone obtain their CDL. I will say in reading a previous review on here about "bait and switch" the person seems to be butt hurt. I told her I was contacting her because I found them on the internet regarding the $250 CDL licensing. She told me during the first call, the $250 was the required down, but there was an additional $140 to cover various expenses. There were no "hidden" fees. Still, even with the additional $140, they qualify you to get your CDL for under $400!?!? That's an incredible bargain.

They provided the written information detailing a study program for the written portion of the exam, which both of my guys passed because of their program. Then, after they passed the written portion, they met with them on the day of the driving exam to examine the students driving skills and provide tips and direction to help them pass the driving portion of the test. In addition, they provide you with the truck and trailer to do it. I would strongly recommend this company. They were professional, courteous, knowledgeable, and helpful. I promise you that your review will be more like mine, instead of filled with disdain like another review here. It seems like it's more of a personal issue with them than professional. I'd give CDL Test Truck 4 stars.

#6 REBUTTAL Owner of company

He's a criminal

AUTHOR: Psmith2125 - ()

He's a crook. takes your money and runs. Uses for his wife's nasty t**s. Prolly should use them on a jenny Craig plan with that fat face. He's a joke she sleeps a round with every guy in town that will throw her a smile!! He looks fat and old.. Old billy.. This business is a get rich quick scheme. He couldn't run a microwave. White trash at its best with these two!!!

Common sense

AUTHOR: Brian - ()

My recent experience with cdl truck rental was positive and I left dps with my cdl a. Bill was very professional and is a keen observer of driving imperfections that would result in a road test failure. In my opinion, if an individual goes there with preconceived notions that the road test is easy and they will pass regardless of their driving ability he or she will certainly fail the road test.  Bill will observe and discuss any driving inadequacies with a prospective driver and provide suggestions on how to correct inadequate driving styles in order to pass the road test. If an individual lacks the most basic driving skills in a four wheel vehicle and much less in a tractor trailer, and fails to listen to Bill's observations, he or she will certainly fail the road test. However, if an individual listens to Bill's observations and recommended driving techniques and comprehends and applies that information to their driving style will pass the road test. It appears the writer in the report lacked adequate ability to comprehend and apply required driving technique to pass the road test, and became frustrated with himself and is experiencing behavioral acting out. A prospective cdl driver displaying behaviors inconsistent with a professional should be referred to career counseling specialist. I would recommend prospective cdl drivers to Bill at cdl truck rental.

Brian

Everything here is correct

AUTHOR: Sean - ()

Billy is a big-time story teller. He doesn't even use his real name! He's also claimed to a captain in the Fort Worth  fire dept. He does this to puff himself up. And he's really nothing more than hot air. Hope his lies catch up to him some day!

here is the Snake...don't trust him

AUTHOR: Sean - ()

He goes by "Billy, Ed, Eddie, Dr. Bedford", etc - DON'T TRUST HIM! EDWIN BEDFORD - Check Collin County Court records and you can find his criminal history. felony child endangerment is among the charges on his rap sheet.

other logos used by so-called company

AUTHOR: Sean - ()

watch out for these logos too.

Additional company logos

AUTHOR: Sean - ()

here are other logos to watch out for.

He also goes by Eddie Bedford.

AUTHOR: dudubird - (United States of America)

He also goes by Eddie Bedford. Search for "Eddie Bedford" and "Edwin Bedford" on Ripoff Report.