Complaint Review: CRS Inc,

• Updated: Tue, January 29, 2013

• Reported By: john — Seattle Washington United States of America
CRS Inc,
8035 E R L Thornton Fwy Dallas, Texas United States of America

CRS Inc, Illegally contacted my elderly mother, made false claims as to legal basis for threatened garnishment, refused to provide email contact. Dallas, Texas

How can one send an overly aggressive collection agency a cease and desist email notice referencing your rights under FDCPA without a lawyer? Well they don't make it easy but I found a "back door" e mail address you can use. It is the one they have for new customers to pick CRS, greed for new clients proved to be their Achilles heel, not the CRS results website which has no valid email contacts. I included both addresses in the company information on this site so you should be able to see it there.  The mailing address was pretty easy to find but the E MAIL took a lot of work to find. Remember that most companies such as these want to be able to contact you and your relatives but make contacting them very hard as they often violate FDCPA regulations and threaten, lie, etc.  This company harassed my elderly mother and scared her regarding a "court case being filed against me" supposedly in two days so she would provide my contact information.  They then lied to me by claiming they had a legal basis on which to garnish my Social Security Disability Check for a private debt they hold.  After speaking to two attorneys I tried to send CRS a cease and desist notice but they wouldn't provide any valid contact information so I dug it up on my own.  By telling me I had to hire an attorney to talk to their attorney they tried to force me to incur expenses when they were acting illegally.  I sent the cease and desist letter so that further illegal collection activities would constitute harassment and I could then bring a civil suit against them under the aforementioned FDCPA regulations and my attorney fees would be on a contingency basis.  There where many negative comments on various internet forums regarding this company's practices so don't be bullied, find out your rights as they apply to your case, and don't settle just to avoid the threat of an "imminent" court action against you.  This company's agents are prepared to make bold lies in an attempt to intimidate so be warned!

John, Seattle, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/29/2013 10:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CRS-Inc/Dallas-Texas-75228/CRS-Inc-Illegally-contacted-my-elderly-mother-made-false-claims-as-to-legal-basis-for-t-1005864. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CRS Inc,