Complaint Review: CWR Electronics

• Submitted: Tue, January 15, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, April 15, 2014

• Reported By: Pissed Off FORMER Customer — League City Texas United States of America
CWR Electronics
Bayville, New Jersey United States of America

CWR Electronics Do NOT do Business with These PEOPLE Bayville, New Jersey

*Consumer Comment: Long-Standing Relationship with CWR

*Consumer Suggestion: The Real Deal

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Please call to discuss...

I have a small Marine Services company and needed to set up a wholesale account in order to be able to increase my profit margins on various services we offer.  I contacted CWR Electronics and completed their new dealer application, provided them with all of my business details and was promptly approved.  Approximately three years later, I moved my business from San Diego, CA to Houston, TX.

Around Christmas of 2012 I received a phone call from CWR Electronics Customer Service telling me that they had sent me a Christmas Card and that it had been returned.  I shared with them that I had moved the business to Texas and provided them with the new address.  The lady then became VERY rude and gave me a list of new documents that they would require from the State of Texas.  I shared with her that since I didn't resell any of the products that I purchased from them, I had never applied for a tax reseller permit in Tx.  All of the products that I order were components used in individual projects.  Again, RUDE and she informed me that I STILL needed one.

I went to the Texas State Comptrollers Office web site that day and applied for a Texas Resellers Tax Account and in an hour had an account number.  So I emailed that to CWR Electronics assuming that would be sufficient. Boy did I have a RUDE awakening....

Debbie in their Accounts Receivable/Credit Department informed me that she needed the ACTUAL Certificate issued by Texas. Additionally, she added that if they didn't have it by the 7th of January, tehy would close my account (which had been in good standing for almost 5 years at this point) Mind you this is 7 days before Christmas.  So I contacted the Comptrollers Office and they emailed me a signed letter of Good Standing to provide CWR Electronics.  AGAIN this was unacceptable to Debbie.  So I responded to her email with a Voice Mail appealing for a little bit of time as the State Offices essentially shut down during the holidays.  Her response to me was that SHE didn't know of ANY State that "Shut Down" ever.

Again I contacted the Comptrollers Office and actually had them MANUALLY PRINT the Certificate, Scan it to a PDF file and email it to me.  I then sent this to Debbie at CWR Electronics.  I followed up my email with a phone call and asked her to PLEASE reactivate my account, as I had a project over the holidays (and everyone knows how valuable ANY WORK over the holidays can be.  She told me that she would review my account and that it should be available by the end of the day.  Two weeks later, it was still not available.  So I called looking for the Owner or the General Manager to discuss the concept of "I'm the Customer".  Instead I received a call from Debbie telling me that I wasn't "Doing myself any favors" by calling and trying to "Go around her" and that everyone at the company knew the "Status" of my account??????  WTF does THAT mean???

At that point I used a less than appropriate expletive; giving her very specific directions about what she should do to herself and how exactly to do that.  I then said CLOSE MY #$%^ account. At this point I wouldn't piss on CWR Electronics if it were on fire. They seem to be confused as to whom it is that pays their salaries.  Save yourself the aggrevation, time and product delays and go elsewhere for your products.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/15/2013 10:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CWR-Electronics/Bayville-New-Jersey-/CWR-Electronics-Do-NOT-do-Business-with-These-PEOPLE-Bayville-New-Jersey-997187. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CWR Electronics

Long-Standing Relationship with CWR

AUTHOR: Marine Pro - ()

I have had a long-standing, professional relationship with CWR that has now spanned 18 years. I have found their service and support to be exemplary, which is clearly why I have done business with them for so long. While it is admittedly possible for anyone to have a percieved bad experience with any company, I can tell you that the orignal author's experience does not in any way reflect the experiences I have had with CWR over the past 18 years.

Please keep that in mind before you pass judgement from a single review on any website. I plan to do business with CWR long into the future and I believe that my past good experiences with CWR will continue as well.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

The Real Deal

AUTHOR: marine electronics expert - ()

I have been a dealer with CWR electronics for over 17 years and i have nothing but more than satisfied with their servise. If there has been any issues we have resolved them with little effort or argrivation. The employees of CWR are stellar and will help you with technical issues. CWR accountant is correct for asking for the copy of the resale certificate, Standard proceedure. CWR has stood behind me and my company when things have gone bad and helped me through finincials crisis. Thank you Mike Cowen,Susan,jim & will miss brians funny remarks on Fridays and thanks to the whole staff @ CWR. Don't be fooled from people who really should not be using CWR servises because they are not professionals and are not in the bussiness.  Cam SNE

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Please call to discuss...

AUTHOR: Brian - President CWR - (United States of America)

Jesse,