Complaint Review: Camden-Grey Essential Oils, Inc

Camden-Grey Essential Oils, Inc
3567 NW 82 Avenue, Internet United States of America

Camden-Grey Essential Oils, Inc Sent an incorrect extract, Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Customer's Negligence Caused The Problem

I have just gone through the most shocking experience with Camden- Grey's extract. I will never buy from that company again. I order Grapefruit Seed extract which is a natural preservative that I have used for 8 years but what they sent me was something completely different. My products went moldy in 3 days. I have never had a problem like this before and I advise Camdens to have stricter quality controls in place. After reading all the complaints about Camden- Greys poor customer service I am sure I will get no assistance for all my loses to date and I have no time for negatively from a company who doesn't look after their customers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/14/2013 12:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Camden-Grey-Essential-Oils-Inc/internet/Camden-Grey-Essential-Oils-Inc-Sent-an-incorrect-extract-Internet-996386. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Camden-Grey Essential Oils, Inc

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Customer's Negligence Caused The Problem

AUTHOR: Camden-Grey - ()

This is a portion of a 1/14/13 email from customer/company V.E. in Vuanatu.   "I have a huge complaint. I purchased Grapefruit Seed Extract from your company on the 11/11/13 (order 156201).  This product is NOT Grapefruit Seed Extract as my products went moldy in 3 days after using your extract.  It completely stuffed up 400 products that had to be destroyed. This was a huge cost to my business. I tested and tested every single product in my formula so I am absolutely positive it was your useless stuff."

Prior to this email, the customer emailed Camden-Grey indicating that if S&H for her international shipment was going to differ from what the cart quoted her she’d like to cancel the order. This customer failed to read and interpret all terms & conditions and shipping policies posted on our site, text to which she agreed when she decided to place her order on our site.  She was told that, as indicated on our site, orders placed could not be cancelled and that all orders placed would ship.

Camden-Grey would like to reply to this customer’s Rip-Off report and, perhaps, help her recover slightly from the "shock" she suffered due to her own negligence and lack of professional (read: lab) product testing.  Notice that in her original email she used the term "I tested and tested" and not "our lab tested....".

We’d like to add that the description for this product on our site is detailed and quite lengthy.  We don’t understand how this customer also missed all of the good information provided for this product on our site.

The reply comes directly from the VERY EXPERIENCED soapmaker who tests our products and who monitors our Forum.  Based on our tester’s reply, it’s clear that this customer caused her own problem.

This is our tester’s reply:  Please let your customer know that GSE is not to be used as a preservative system by itself and can't be expected to prevent mold when used by itself. It needs to be used as an antioxidant or as a preservative with another preservative. If she's using it all by itself as the only preservative, it won't be potent enough or broad spectrum enough to cover every contingency.

We at Camden-Grey would like to close this matter with:  Any company that manufactures products for the public has a responsibility to use correct ingredients in correct proportions and to have its products challenge-tested by a reputable lab.