Complaint Review: Capital One Auto Loans

• Submitted: Wed, January 04, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, January 04, 2012

• Reported By: Faye — St. Amant Louisiana U.S.A.
Capital One Auto Loans
3905 N. Dallas Pkwy Plano, Texas United States of America

Capital One Auto Loans stalls in keeping loan payment after payoff from dealer posts Plano, Texas

I traded my 2004 Dodge Dakota on 11/23/2011 and the dealer paid off the remaining amount owed on the loan on 12/07/2011.  I had a monthly auto deduct set up through e billing a Capital one to debit the amount monthly from my checking.  On the 7th when I attempted to stop the payment from coming out of my checking the amount was already in pending status and could not be stopped.  The note wasn't due until the 10th but Capital One deducted early if the 10th fell on a Saturday, Sunday, or Monday holiday.  I have been trying to get the overpayment back from Capital One Auto Loans since the 9th of December.  To call customer service I only get the run around and they (the auto loans) say that once the account is at a zero balance then the amount is reversed back through a 3rd party and I should have my money refunded in 3 to 4 business days.  It is now January 4th and all I've received is a measly $9.79 check.  I even went through a satellite bank and they even gave the CS Representative the run around.  I have filed a complaint with the Better Busines Bureau and am seriously thinking of filing a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission.  All I want is my $371.48 refunded from Capital OnCe Auto Loan!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/04/2012 06:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Capital-One-Auto-Loans/Plano-Texas-70593/Capital-One-Auto-Loans-stalls-in-keeping-loan-payment-after-payoff-from-dealer-posts-Plan-818088. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Capital One Auto Loans