Complaint Review: Cash in Your Laptop

• Updated: Mon, June 23, 2014

• Reported By: hlkerr78 — Jacksonville Florida
Cash in Your Laptop
Internet USA

Cash in Your Laptop AW Tech GroupDiscountedLaptopParts (On Ebay) "Steals" your computer from you with a high quote- and then once they receive it- over you about 20% of original quote fabricating that there are tons of issues with laptop- FAILED to erase private info off hard-drive- Internet

I was trying to sell 2 laptops- but was getting a lot of creepy responses on Craigslist; so I decided to see if anyone local bought used laptops- and cashinyourlaptop.come came up on my Google search.  The sight asked me 2 questions- and I answered them honestly.  I was quoted 94 dollars for one, and the second 140.  I wanted to get more- but thought this was the safer option.

When they recieved my laptops- they inspected them and came back with 2 different quotes, I can't remember exactly- but it was less the 20 dollars for each.  I immediately knew I had been scammed- and asked them to send my laptops back- but they kept counter-offering me.  I played back and forth until I eventually gave up and accepted their FINAL offers.

Mind you- they state that they erase your harddrive- so no need to worry about that- and my screen was broken on one of them- so I could not and did not know how to get rid of pertinent info- on that laptop- and after about 2 weeks- I recieved an email from a guy named Josh- who had bought some parts from a company on Ebay called discountedlaptopparts.  He now was in possesion of my hard drive and he had copies and pictures of some very private information- and he emailed all the information on my hard drive to me- At this point I don't know if this is part of this con-artists scam- but all I know is the level of violation rose to maximum.  I would love to sue them- I would like to take them down a few notches- but I just want to tell you they are terrible and to avoid getting wrapped up with this nonsense- all they do is lie and put my identity at risk.  Wow.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/23/2014 08:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cash-in-Your-Laptop/internet/Cash-in-Your-Laptop-AW-Tech-GroupDiscountedLaptopParts-On-Ebay-Steals-your-computer-1156766. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cash in Your Laptop