searching

• Updated: Tue, May 29, 2012

• Reported By: HoustonResident — Houston Texas United States of America
CenterPoint Energy Texas
P.O. Box 4981 Houston, Texas United States of America

CenterPoint Energy Texas CenterPoint Energy's monopoly, penalizes loyal, honest client, with huge gas re-connection, even when the payment was made days before disconnection. Houston, Texas

I paid my bill through my bank account website, the payment is documented in my receipt, the money was deducted from my account, and still, CenterPoint Energy disconnects my Gas service.  When I come home and see the yellow notice, I call right the way, to ask for a re-connection.  They say that I have to pay $110.00 for the re-connection service, and that until this payment is made, they won't reconnect the service.  I tell that I have evidence that I made the payment, and they say that the payment didn't show in the system at the time of the disconnection.  I insist, that I can fax them the evidence of the payment.... and also I said that I've been a loyal costumer for many years, that this is not a respectful way to treat a costumer...   They insist that when I'm ready to pay the $110. they can give me a date of re-connection... and all of the rest we know...  that I have to be there the whole day waiting for the technician, even if I cannot be absent for work....that they can't give me the specific time the person is going to be in my house...etc., etc.

Where have you seen a company that penalizes loyal clients like CenterPoint do?

It is obvious they take advantage of not having competitors in Texas.

No more monopoly of CenterPoint!!!!   They WON'T steal those $110. from me.   I'll change my water heater and stove to electricity and eventually, I'll get solar panels too. I like to be treated with respect, courtesy and consideration.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/29/2012 03:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CenterPoint-Energy-Texas/Houston-Texas-77210/CenterPoint-Energy-Texas-CenterPoint-Energys-monopoly-penalizes-loyal-honest-client-w-890084. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CenterPoint Energy Texas