Complaint Review: Channel Fuse Media

• Updated: Tue, July 05, 2011

• Reported By: Music Lady — Knoxville Tennessee United States of America
Channel Fuse Media
7948 Winchester Rd. Memphis, Tennessee United States of America

Channel Fuse Media ChannelFuseMedia Totally ripped me off! If you like being ripped off, hire them! Should be Garbage Fuse Media! Memphis, Tennessee

*Consumer Comment: Links to Proof?

*Consumer Suggestion: advice

*UPDATE Employee: Audio standards

Hired Channel Fuse Media, and 9 days later finally received my 1st mix. It was inaudible an completely horrible. I told them I was unhappy, and another 5 days later, I got mix #2, it was equally terrible but in a different way. Expressed my unhappiness , and 6 days later received my mix #3, it was airy sounding, and not fit for listening to. I finally gave up and filed a paypal dispute with them. They are fighting it, so much for the Satisfaction Guarantee! :(

DO NOT have your music mixed or mastered with Channel Fuse Media! Unless you like to wait 2 weeks to receive garbage. I believe their testimonials are faked.. unless those people are deaf.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/15/2011 03:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Channel-Fuse-Media/Memphis-Tennessee-38125/Channel-Fuse-Media-ChannelFuseMedia-Totally-ripped-me-off-If-you-like-being-ripped-off-h-718110. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Channel Fuse Media

Links to Proof?

AUTHOR: Someone - ()

Would it be possible to hear the song in question? Even if you provide us with an anonymous link (dropbox public link, or the like), I would be interested to hear what the "finished" product sounds like, as I was considering using their services, and want to know what I'm getting myself into. I don't usually have issues with the quality of the audio I record, but I don't know what they consider "working miracles" - and it would be nice to know where they set the bar, since music is such a subjective thing. Your help is greatly appreciated, and I'm sorry you had to go through this.

Thanks in advance for your response.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

advice

AUTHOR: 91910 - (United States of America)

I have used channelfusemedia before as well. The employee has a good point that the quality of the mix is ket to getting a good master. Here is where I have a few concerns:

The biggest is the lack of communication. Generally, mastering engineers stay in contact with the client. Often they may make suggestions if they detect something in the mix that should be reworked. Channelfuse does not do this for whatever reason. Also, an email letting me know a mixdown and payment has been received would be professional courtesy. I always have to check my paypal to see if a payment has been completed but that won't tell me if a mixdown was received. I have never been able to get a hold of anyone at their number.

Overall, I think they do a satisfactory job. I would just suggest opening the lines of communication with the clients a bit more.

Audio standards

AUTHOR: Admin - (United States of America)

Unfortunately, from time to time, we get a client who assumes we can perform miracles on their tracks. But if you send us sub-par audio files recorded in less than ideal conditions using a cheap microphone, there is not much we can to for you. We do not have a magic wand we can wave to magically turn you into the next Kanye West or Katy Perry. Luckily for us, 99% of our clients realize this, and they realize there are certain standards that are necessary when recording your tracks.

Our turnaround time on average is 5-10 business days for a rough mix, clearly stated on our site, and we performed this mix in 9 days. We offer a satisfaction guarantee and we are more than willing to refund any payments if the 1st mix is rejected and a refund is requested. Instead this person requested more studio time to create a 2nd mix, and even a third mixing session, logging a total of 7 additional hours of studio time.

It was the client who ended communication with our company, as we were still willing to work on the mix for this song if needed. We pride ourselves on customer service and we are available by phone 662-298-2343 or email info@channelfusemedia.com if a client needs to reach us to discuss their project.

We have and always will do everything we can to create the best possible mix for every client. Fortunately for us, most of our clients are smart enough to understand we can't turn garbage into gold. And after 14 years in the music business, we are smart enough to know there will always be that 1 client who will never ever be satisfied, no matter what you do for them.